1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transsexual pregnancy for those of you interested.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fugs, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Warning, contains graphic, and/or triggering content. Only proceed if you're over 13

Second Type Woman - Transsexual Pregnancy

To explain part of the desire for a MtF transsexual to get pregnant.

Possible procedures for MtF pregnancies.

Uterus Transplants

Ectopic Pregnancy

I'm going to be doing whatever it takes to have my own children someday. This article looks very promising and I felt like I should share it and get your opinions on it. I also feel like not enough people are educated on the subject, and when it comes up in conversation that people look at me funny and don't understand why I would want to get pregnant. It's not a status symbol, it's not to be a 'real woman' I already am a 'real woman'. It's because I want my own children, I want to carry my partner's child, I want the conditions to be mine, and the risk to be my own not someone else's.

Sorry for the sloppiness, I'm still rooting around for hiccups in the thread I missed.
    (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

---------- Post added 12th Aug 2012 at 09:18 AM ----------

Images are broken for some reason Y,Y Maybe a mod could fix them? :grin:

(links)

#1 Fugs, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. i never even knew womb transplants existed, thats amazing! (!)

3. Zontar

Not to be a downer but I don't think regular uterus transplants are going to happen in anyone's current lifetime. The barriers, even for genetic females, are huge and would indicate highly dangerous procedures for otherwise healthy individuals.

Needless to say, this is not the way forward. I think a far safer and better option would be to have your husband seek a surrogate mother. Perhaps you can bank some sperm beforehand and have "one of each". This would probably be the safest approach; you still want to be around to actually see your children.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really care how dangerous it is for me. If the embryo implant is successful this September it will mean that it's completely possible and a lot safer than previously thought.

5. prism

I'm going to have to agree. Plus, even if Mrs. Sert's surgery is successful, it doesn't mean the procedure will be legally available in any other country, especially the U.S.

& you should care how dangerous it is for you... You'd be a mother delivering a high-risk baby after a dangerous transplant surgery. Dying after giving birth doesn't exactly affirm the safety of the procedure.

It is interesting though. Thank you for sharing.

6. J Snow

This would be wonderful, and I don't doubt it will happen eventually. However, I highly doubt it will be available early enough to make a difference for any us.

7. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah whatever, it wasn't worth the space to post. I'm just not a real person. fine

8. J Snow

=( I'm glad you posted it! It really does seem optimistic. I just don't want to get my hopes up =/

9. MusicIsLife

I mostly skimmed the article, but I wonder if similar tests are being done for trans men, except a penis transplant instead. I suppose we'll see.

10. Hengrove22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't see why you would go through all that danger and pain when you can adopt? There are literally thousands needing adoption.

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not shoving adoption. I'm willing to adopt; but I'd rather have my own child.

I want to sit there in my husband's arms with our hands on my stomach thinking of names you know? The intimacy that comes with carrying a child and seeing them take their first breath is so important to me. I, like a lot of women, dream of it. I don't know what to tell you, it's fine that you don't understand but you're a guy. I wouldn't expect you to :frowning2:

12. starfish

You know I understand how you feel. I too really wish I could carry a child.

I think it is really cool this is being researched. Not to mention how f$%#ing awesome it will be once we pull this off.

13. Bree

Hey, how does not being able to carry your own children not make you a real person? I don't think that anyone is trying to demean you, they just don't want you to get your hopes up.
    I hear how hard it is. Sometimes I just stand in front of the mirror and cry, because I'll never be whole. I promise you though, I'm going to make sure the world knows I'm real.

14. redstormrising

that something is possible does not necessarily mean that it is safe - do not confuse the two. also, you may not care about the danger to yourself -- although arguably, you should, if you want to survive to raise your child -- but what about the potential danger to your unborn child? i would hope that if there was a high risk of harm to the unborn baby, you would put his/her health and safety above your own desire to carry him/her.

if this becomes possible and it is safe, great. but i wouldn't discount all risks to get there. and not being able to carry your own child doesn't make you less of a person. i have a health condition that would make it dangerous for both me and the baby if i were to become pregnant, so i can't do it. i don't consider myself any less than the next woman.

#14 redstormrising, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  15. Hot Pink

Because I've dreamed of getting pregnant and being a birth mother since I was a little girl. That's why. Just thinking about how I'll never have that gift of being someone's natural birth mother is heartbreaking. I cry about it sometimes, like now.

16. Hengrove22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd completely disagree with you, anyone who wants children would love to have the option to give them the best start in life with thE most normal type of birth and be able to create a genetic baby purely from two peoples love.

But thats life. Thats anatomy. That's what straight people do.

LGBT have the advantage of being able to adopt and this is an amazing opportunity to genuinely change a child's life rather than having one sewn to your abdominal muscles. I'm from the UK and know this will never be an option, it is too ethically contraversial as well as expensive and un needed.

My cousins wife couldn't carry childrn biologically. She got over it. They adopted. They are happy.

Be thankful that you are in a country that accepts LGBT+ and gives them the rights to adopt.

17. GreenRaven

look, i know you guys are more than welcome to disagree with her wanting to be able to have a baby thing...but do you really have to be so harsh? she merely posted an article about this research being done, and said that it gave her hope that she might be able to have this lifelong dream of hers fulfilled....and you go and start saying how it will never happen in this generation, or that she should just not take any risks and adopt or find a surrogate...essentially saying she should just not even try to reach for her dreams

how the hell do you think medical advancement happens? people take risks. before they do so, however, they are fully educated on anything and everything that can possibly happen, and they are given the option to decline if they so wish. she's not saying that if the next step of this research results in a positive outcome, she's gonna go get it done right away. jesus.

i think it's amazing that research has come this far on this particular subject. i didn't even know they WERE doing research on this, and anyone who takes part in advancing things like this are a hero in my book. paving the way for the future. this will never come to pass if people DON'T take risks, so don't try and talk her out of it just because it might not come to pass with this generation. it will NEVER come to pass if people like her didn't exist.

so back off, and let the lady keep her dreams alive.

<3

18. Hot Pink

I don't understand why people are getting so argumentative over this. So we want to be able to get pregnant, what's that have to do with you? So what if I want to be be able to get pregnant, feel another life within me, give birth, and hold a baby in my arms that came from me? How is that a negative thing? Why do you hate it so much? I would do anything for that. Anything. It's not up for disagreement. I'm sure Fugs would agree with me and nearly any other MTF.

19. castle walls

I also didn't know that any research was being done on this subject. You never know. This research could lead to a breakthrough. I really hope it paves the way for advancement in the future

20. starfish

You know I think this is one of those thing where if you don't have these desires you just don't get it.

Now don't get me wrong. I think adoption is a wonderful thing. If I have decide to have kids I would adopt wrong because kids do need a loving caring home. That still dosen't change this deep desire that I have to be able to carry a child. I've resigned myself that I will never be able to.