1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parents dont think this is an issue

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by stumble along, Aug 14, 2012.

1. stumble along

Hi for the past two years something weird has been happening to my head. It used to only occur when i played tennis (more precisely, when i hit a serve) but since I've gottwn back the sensation has return d but now it jist happens randomly, I think if I stretch my right shoulder/arm out it occurs, but not always.

This sensation feels like for a minute or two someone is taking a pair of pliers and ripping my skull in two. It's very painful and I can trace out where the pain is very well. It usually occurs in the same line but sometimes it travels to a different line.

What could this be and how can I convince my parents its a issue?

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Any long term pain is definitely an issue to get checked out. Pain is usually the first indicator that something is wrong. Tell your parents that the pain has persisted for a couple years, and you're scared that it might be something serious. Don't let them write it off. Do they try to ignore it because going to a medic's is expensive? Because that's unacceptable.

3. armsoutfarther

^ Agreed. If it's long-term, it's definitely a good idea to get it checked out. Even if it's nothing, better safe than sorry.

Tell your parents that it's been persistent for a couple of years and that you're scared it could be something bad. Don't let you or them blow it off.

#3 armsoutfarther, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. If it hurts that much and it's been ongoing, it needs to be looked at.

5. BudderMC

I'm kind of curious as to what this is too, to be honest. I had a similar thing a while back, though it only lasted about a month and went away, and the pain wasn't in my skull but rather all along my shoulder. I just kind of assumed I kept pinching a nerve or something.

6. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

You need to tell them exactly what is happening. And if they don't think it's serious- ask to see a doctor anyway. Maybe have some scans done of your head there and see if your doctor can find what's causing your headaches. Best of luck x

7. KaraBulut

At 17, you can call the doctor and make an appointment yourself. You don't need your parents permission to see the doctor for an exam.

Given your symptoms, it would be a good idea for you to call, make an appointment and have it checked out.

8. wc1

wc1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would see a doctor. Better safe than sorry. More than likely to be nothing but best to get checked.