1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sore in the nether regions

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GreenRaven, Aug 14, 2012.

1. GreenRaven

so a few months ago i discovered what seemed to be a bump on the skin around my vagina, i picked at it and it came off quite easily, and looked like a small ball of solid white stuff..like a ball of skin or something idk. i went to the dr and they said they could see the spot where i had picked it off, did some testing, std's came back clean but i had a yeast and bacterial infection.

today i go to the bathroom and find a sore in pretty much the exact same spot...feels like a little crater or something in the skin and it hurts like a mofo to touch/is kinda itchy, and sitting is kinda uncomfortable.

i'm on my period so idk if maybe the pad rubbed away some of my skin, or if i have another infection. i'm fairly confident in the still lack of stds, as all of my partners i've been with are all clean, and herpes presents in clusters, not solitary sores, and from the looks of herpes in what i've seen on googling it, you can't pick them off like i did the first one.

sooo....idk...i don't have money to pay a copay to see my dr :/ but i would like it checked out....i'm gonna call them tomorrow and ask if they can just send a bill out for the copay just so i can get it checked out. but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

the bump a few months ago was the first time i've ever had anything like that happen....i always clean my toys and use condoms on them for extra safety measures (well except once and that was around when i got the yeast/bacterial infection...i think that's what caused that...not sure about the bump tho) my current gf has always practiced safe sex and has never had any signs of anything, and my gf before that never went down on me nor did our genitals ever touch eachother...it was (clean) hands only. my bf (he was a girl when i started dating him) before her was a virgin, and the two girls before him were also a clean hands only relationship. hence my decided certainty that it is not an std....hence why i am confused....lol.

soooo yeah....ideas anyone?

2. GreenRaven

managed to talk to my doctor's office billing dept, and they're letting me pay the copay when i get my paycheck tuesday, so i went in today. first thing they did was get a urine sample to test for a uti, then the doc came in. first words out of her mouth when i was laying down "oh my god, it's SO red!" lol. she couldn't find the sore that i keep feeling, but did take some cultures to run for fungal infections, and put some on a slide to check for bacteria (which she said she didn't see any...but it's still possible since i'm on my period so there's blood everywhere -__-). she's pretty sure it's a yeast infection, and told me to take some otc stuff like vagisil or whatevs. and then wrote a prescription for another antifungal cream because i apparently have a little bit of an infection going on underneath my breasts. (i have no access to a washer and dryer...so it's been the same clothes for work every day and i come home covered in sweat, and have to put them back on for the next work shift) the prescription she wrote apparently also helps dry out any unwanted moisture, but she still suggested maybe getting some baby powder or sticking cause underneath to get the moisture away from my skin.

the sad part of all of this...i don't have the money to pick up the meds until tuesday....i drive 8 hours down to MD on tuesday....god that drive is going to suck so much

3. Gen

Gen

Oh thats frightening. Sorry you had to go through that. Also, sorry no one responded, but they probably were just as confused as you. Anyway, I really hope that everything clears up after the meds (*hug*)

4. GreenRaven

it's ok, i kinda figured. while it's annoying that it's another yeast infection...and that i have to deal with this fucking itching and burning for 6 more days....at least i'm finally starting to feel tired after not sleeping at all the night before and then working a closing shift, 5-11pm, by myself for the first time when i STILL only know sandwhiches...stupid panera.

5. KaraBulut

If you're in a situation like this where you don't have the money, always try to work out something with the doctor's billing person. Usually, they'll forgo your copay or if you don't have insurance, they'll accept a lower payment at the time of service if you pay cash.

Since you don't have the money to fill the prescription, let the doctor know that it will be a few days before you'll have enough money. Sometimes they can give you a cheaper prescription. Sometimes they can give you samples to get you started. Sometimes they can recommend an over-the-counter medication to get you started until you can afford to fill the prescription.

6. GreenRaven

Yeah I talked to their billing person, and they weren't very happy about it cause I haven't had the money to pay the past 2 times I had to go in for things. It's because with the insurance I have it's an "agreement" that you will pay your copay when you go in for your appointment. So if you don't pay there, and then you don't pay fast enough once they bill you, it goes to collections and fucks your credit over.

It's not even just not having money for the prescription, I don't have money for ANYTHING. Not even the otc she said to use. As for samples Idk, I could call and ask I guess. I had to spend the last of my money on gas yesterday, and I won't have more til I get paid on Tuesday (unless this person I've been talking to about my futon I'm selling buys it today...then I'll have $60 :grin: *crossing fingers*) I actually got a card from the hospital nearby that you can present to your pharmacist and it can lower your amount due for your medications. I had gone to talk to a social worker about housing assistance and food pantries and stuff (I've been living off eating bread from work the past 2 weeks...-___-) and she just reached into her pocket and handed it to me, explaining what it was and how to use it. So I plan on trying it out when I pick up this presecription. Though once I move I don't think I can use it :/