1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut anxiety.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KatoKumi, Jan 23, 2008.

1. KatoKumi

Every time I'm going to go get a haircut, I get some weird anxiety or panic attack, but it seems so unnecessary. It's like getting a panic attack when you go to the bathroom or something.

Is it normal for your mind to function to the point it'll have an anxiety attack just because you have a slight aversion to something?

[Not sure if this is the right section].

2. JeremyB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah.. I always freak out when I go to get a haircut.. I'm so worried that they're going to mess up or something and I start freaking out. x_x

3. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I buzz my hair by myself. Personally, I couldn't let anyone else cut my hair.

4. MateoBoi

Out Status:
    A few people
    I do the same. I mean, cut my own hair. I freak out with barbers, for some reason people who cut hair for a living... hmm, can't put my finger on the feeling... However, coinceditally, my mom told me she hated my sideburns about a few hours ago, and she made me shave them off.
    I miss them :frowning2:

5. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I'm not worried about people cutting my hair wrong.

I freak out about them wanting to stab me.

6. bleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can live going to a hairdresser. I mean I don't have major panic attacks, but I am always kind of worried they're going to cut off my ear.

7. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I don't have panic it's kinda cool, cuz i like getting a haircut lol. But when i was younger i was always scared and I used to cry because once this barber left me completely bald and i was sooo pissed. So i was scared if they would cut me the wrong way or something. And then another time i got a bowl cut =( was not cool

8. panda

I let my hair grow really long last year.Long enough to put into a pony tail.Then I cut it myself and it looked like crap.Last week I went to a real barber and it looks and feels great.
    But whenever I'm sitting in the chair I flash on the barber driving those long pointy scissors into my eardrum.Sometimes I have to hold onto the chair to not run out.

9. Wired106

My brother gets panic attacks at random places sometimes. He's in college now though, but he takes stuff for it. I think it's pretty easy to get perscribed by a doctor. Xanax.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

A couple of suggestions:

Can you try to find a hairdresser you trust, then stick with him/her? Would you feel more comfortable with a male or female, younger or older? If you feel more comfortable with the hairdresser and always use the same one then that could help.

What about taking a friend with you. Would having someone on "your side" help? What about a hairdresser that visits your home rather than you having to go to them?

11. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents own and work out of a hair studio, and growing up in a salon I guarantee that the chances of getting your ear cut off by a professional is nearly zero. Worst I have seen is the stylist nip the tip of their finger off.

12. Alexander

I don't get haircuts anymore, I just trim my hair when it looks long-ish, or let my sister do it (and they don't know I'm gay?!?!?!) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I get random anxieties sometimes .. i get it at the barbers i always smoked before i went in .. but now i quitted so.. gonna have to just leave it and go in, i even had a random anxiety in the bathroom --___--

14. Kimi

Well, my parents does not own a hair studio but I would like to say the chances are zero.

I hope I don't sound mean or harsh...but why would you feel that way?
    If I get worry about my hair stylist gonna cut off my ear, I don't think I can eat anything at restaurant:icon_sad:

15. Hollywood

put up a picture once you get it cut! :slight_smile:

16. SpikySpice

Yeah i feel little bti stree cuz im afraid that they may cut into my ear, it happened twice, bleeded little bti and i got mad once,a nd soemtime sim afraid they gonna mess up my hair cuz i think it's important

17. KatoKumi

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

When I had my hair cut by a hairdresser it always seemed to take a few days to settle before it looked right. The same applies now I do it myself with clippers, but not so much as it's shorter and thinner. If I want my hair to look its best for a specific event though I will trim it or get it trimmed about a week before to give it time to settle.

19. Hollywood

ummmmm your hair is super sexy.