1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oral sex and new lip ring?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by oblina, Aug 17, 2012.

1. oblina

I am getting my lip pierced (the middle of my bottom lip) and was wondering if it would interfere with sex with my girlfriend during the first couple days? Does anybody know?

2. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

As with any piercing- it's probably going to be sore until it heals, or at the very least the first week. You may want to hold off for a couple days, even if there isn't hardly any/no pain. An oral piercing will take longer to heal than, say, an ear piercing- so just be careful and don't get intense the very night you get it done:slight_smile:

3. Ianthe

You also might want to think harder than usual about safer sex practices. An unhealed wound will increase your risk a lot. If you don't usually use a dental dam, you might think about whether it would be a good idea while your piercing is healing.

4. swear my piercer when i had my lip pierced said refrain from oral until its healed
    that includes any mouth piercing i think.

i could however be wrong though.

5. Bree

The piercer should tell you to refrain from any oral contact -including kissing!- for at least a month. They also should also check in with you that you are okay with this before piercing you. Most definitely refrain from oral!!!

Also, if your body reacts anything like mine did, you won't even be able to talk for the first couple of days!

#5 Bree, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  6. oblina

Thanks guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This isn't my first lip ring, its actually my 5th :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But it is my first one with a girlfriend, and my first labret. I was afraid it would be different than my others but now that I have it, I know it isn't any different c: Thanks though!