1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lump underneath nipple?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mimerio, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Mimerio

For some time now I've felt a rather odd protrusion underneath my nipple, its not visible and it kind of hurts when i touch it, but the weird thing is that it's only my left nipple my right one is completely flat.

1) What is this?
    2) Can it be treated?
    3) If so would I need surgery?

2. none of us are doctors.
    so we cant diagnose you over the internet.

i would go to the drs if it hasnt gone away just to be safe.
    its probably nothing but still :slight_smile:

3. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would have it checked out, just to be safe.

4. KaraBulut

There's an old thread that discusses the topic of guys and nipple swelling:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/1024372-post7.html

It depends on when it started and how long it has been there. It's not unusual for boys nipples to swell during puberty- usually beginning around age 13 and persisting until between ages 16-18- in response to increased hormone levels. The swelling is firm and the nipples may be tender. Often, this goes away on its own.
    You said this was there "for some time". If it began around the time that you started puberty, it probably is normal swelling. If it developed recently and it was a sudden change, then you should have your physician examine it.

The answer to these questions will depend on the cause. If it's the typical "knot" that develops during male puberty, it often goes away on its own. If it's male breast tissue that is associated with gynecomastia, it can persist after puberty and may require surgery to remove.

If you have an appointment scheduled with your physician, you can ask him to look at it.

5. Gen

Gen

You should see a doctor anyway, but I can give some speculation.

It is actually very common for teenage boys to form small lumps under their nipples. Often times it is only one as it is just a random occurance. It is caused by the heightened hormones during the younger years and it entirely harmless. I had one when I was around 13 for quite a while, but eventually it did just disappear one day.

However, the lumps that I am talking about are not anything drastic. They were virtually unnotiable unless you purposely looked for them so if you can see yours with your eyes than it is probably something different. Either way it is always nice to be sure.

6. Akatosh

It sounds like gynecomastia to me. I used to be really self conscious about mine in high school, so I got the glands removed. I didn't have moobs, but I did have the lumps you speak of. They used to be sore to touch, especially if you are feeling them to figure what alien laid a fetus beneath your nipples. I only got one removed, and now I have no feeling left in that nipple :-(.. But, it did make me less self-conscious.