1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hairloss related to weird skin?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by lilbitlost, Aug 22, 2012.

1. lilbitlost

Ok so i was planning on making a doctors appointment soon, but at my doctors they only like to deal with one problem at a time, to keep appointments fairly short. So im wondering if two probelms i have are related to each other. So if anyone knows about such thing id be appreciative of advice.

Ok first up, ive always had quite heavy hair loss (from my head that is), however when i had my son it jumped up several notches. Now at the time i wasnt alarmed as id read a lot of baby books and they explained it was the crazy hormones and that it should settle down eventually. Thing is my lil boy is now 3 and my hair still hasnt settled down. Ive got a tiny patch at the front of my head that is looking very thin. Its not like im loosing clumps of hair, but when i brush it in the morning a load comes off on the brush, if i leave it 10 mins or so then run my hands through it again the same ammount comes out again. My clothes pern have loose hairs on them, i find hairs everywhere, its like im in a pern state of malting.

Second problem, not too sure when this one started, may be around the time of my sons birth not too sure as it wasnt very noticeable to begin with. Its def been going on for over a year though, maybe 2. Basically my hands seem to go through a weird little pattern, first the skin on my fingertips just above the nail bobbles. Its like a small batch of tiny bubbles under the skin. I also get these around the nails and on my lower palms. Eventually these bobbles dry out and the skin starts peeling around them, they go a yellow colour when they are dry. If i dont chuck lotion on them at least once a day then all the skin around the bobbles cracks. This leaves me with very tender skin. It takes about a month for them to do a full cycle, at the end of the cycle you cant see them at all, i get a week or two where i think theyve gone and then poof! back they come. They have slowly increased in number over time.

Now im currently wondering if maybe its a hormonal imbalance? Or is it a nutrient inbalance? Or are they not related at all and its something tottally different?

Anyways cheers for reading :slight_smile:

2. are you stressed or not eating properly?
    since i can remember ive had hair loss baaad. im a worried/stressy person by nature so i dont think that helped haha. i mean not bald but it comes out in clumps sometimes. its way better now but apparently it was to do with my thyroid which im now on meds for so its settled down. it could be stress or a thyroid prob. get a blood test to check things are okay. you dont have to answer, but if you have really heavy/painful periods then it maybe a thyroid prob. but still get a blood test to check things are okay :slight_smile:

the things on your palms/hands sounds like what i had when i was deificant in calcium. exept i had they spots on my nails. drink more milk/up your calcium intake and see if it has any effect. but id go to a dr tho lol they can help more than we can. also take vitamins if you dont already :slight_smile:

3. Akatosh

Did you recently start taking a new medication, or have a medication's dosage increased?

4. lilbitlost

Nope not taking any new medications, only thing i ever take is painkillers. Those are bog standard paracetamol and ibuprofen.
    Heh define eating properly :slight_smile: I prob eat too much if anything! Every meal is homemade, every thing is cooked from scratch. I eat fish at least once a week, red meat no more than 3 times, try to eat vegetarian dinners at least once a week, quite often twice. Lots of fresh veg. Mind you i dont eat much fruit.
    Wouldnt say im particularly stressed, a bit grouchy occasionnally. Periods when i used to have them were fairly light, but im on the depo jab chappy now so not had any for a few years.

Btw im not expecting you guys to diagnose me or anything, just trying to figure out if the two could be linked, i like being efficent with appointments! Though im also terrible at organising going to them, its like i feel like im just pestering a doctor if ive not lost a limb or something dramatic lol. Cheers for the replies :slight_smile:

5. abbey steven

abbey steven Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    there are many reasons for hair fall. taking stress, change of environment(migration from one to other place), binding up your head with cap/scarf etc...please avoid all those things. if you move on some other place then use mineral water for hair wash. other thing use oil for hair. it grease the skin which help to protect from hair-fall.