1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you heal chalfing/irritation of the penis?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sguyc, Aug 24, 2012.

1. sguyc

Without having to stop masturbating. Ya so i am not that confident about how my penis looks because when it is erect it seems very irritated, specifically under the head its very red and irritated. Its pretty obviously caused by masturbation (where my hand bumps into my head) but I don't know how to "heal" it or get it back to normal. I used plenty of lube but it doesn't seem to help.

2. TrueBlue8228

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I am no doctor or anything, but it could be a few things. It very well could be that your just masturbating too much and the only way to "heal" it is to let nature take its course (give it a week or so) That's your worst scenario. Second it could be the type of lube your using could just be irritating the skin. You could try changing up brands or a different type of lube. Lastly, have you tried lotion? If lube causing the redness perhaps using a lotion, something for sensitive skin or an extra moisturizer.

Hope that helps!! Good luck!

TB

3. Jim1454

If it's obviously caused by masturbating, then I think the best approach is to stop masturbating. Sorry to rain on your parade...

4. sguyc

Well how do I go about stopping if every impulse in body is telling me to forget wahtever i'm doing for 30 mins and jerk off. If I could randomly kill me sexual appetite I would...
    And I have stopped for like a week before and it didn't help very much and it just rechafes once I start again.

The type of lube I use is waterbased lotion... Its a dailey moisturizer.

5. Aldrick

If masturbation is causing chaffing... how often do you masturbate?

Also, as TrueBlue8228 said you could be having some type of reaction to your lube. I'd try a different lube just to be on the safe side.

Look for some pure aloe that is hypoallergenic. Apply that; it'll help with the dryness and irritation.

And you can still masturbate without friction. Use a vibrator. I suggest looking into the Cobra Libre made by Fun Factory; I have one, and it's awesome.

6. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll just say you should use some lubrication when you masturbate ^,^

7. KaraBulut

Two questions -
    1. Are you circumcised or uncircumcised?
    2. What are you using for lube? And is the area that gets irritated an area that you're manhandling when you masturbate?

8. sguyc

Ok, I am circumsized, but its not a hardcore one, my skin still stretches to a certain point, my shaft is fine...
    Yes, I put more pressure on the more irritated area, my head is unevenly irritated, basically the part that is worse off is the part that my forefinger goes over..
    I might try some actual sex lube instead of lotion and try different hand positions, but its really inconvenient.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Yet another problem caused by circumcision. I used to have similar problems when I had to use artificial lube to masturbate tight circumcised skin.

If you are looking for a long-term solution, you should consider restoring some foreskin function by stretching the skin you have, at least enough to enable you to masturbate the natural way, using the gliding motion of your own loose (and soft) penile skin rather than having to rub the rough palm of your hand against the sensitive inner mucosa and glans. And the best part is, no lube required.

10. sguyc

No thanks.

11. KaraBulut

Actually, the circumcision question was going in the opposite direction as uncircumcised men can have issues with redness/irritation secondary to fungal infections.

And you may have hit upon another potential issue. You might check the ingredients in the lotion that you're using. Generally, hypo-allergenic lotions like Eucerin or Cetaphil are less likely to cause irritation. Some lotions contain ingredients that can be irritating to some people and aren't really designed for lubrication. You might consider switching to a silicone based lubricant since these have low friction and are inert.

Another suggestion- instead of relying solely upon your hand, which can result in more friction, you might want to consider switching to a silicone masturbation sleeve. The range from a simple sleeve that costs about $20 to the more expensive variety that have different attachments and can cost around $100. These masturbation sleeves come close to the sensation of sex with another person and because they are made of gel material, they have extremely low friction and are less likely to shear the skin.

12. Aldrick

I'm echoing what Kara wrote. However, I just want to add that you shouldn't use silicone lube with a masturbation toy made of silicone. Silicone lube is great, I strongly encourage it's use when it comes to anal sex and sometimes manual masturbation. However, silicone has a tendency to react poorly with silicone - thus if you use it on one of your toys, it's likely going to ruin it.

A masturbation sleeve is a great alternative option than using your hand. However, some of them - particularly fleshlights - can be difficult to clean thoroughly. Also, you generally get what you pay for; the cheap ones don't have a tendency to last long.

I still recommend using some sort of vibrator until you heal. You can masturbate without friction, and this way you don't have to constantly bother your irritated skin. It's also a great new sensation that you might not have experienced before. I'll again recommend the Cobra Libre by Fun Factory, who produce high quality sex toys. The Cobra is a vibrator that was designed exclusively to be used by men for penis stimulation. Specifically, it's meant to target the glans (the head) of the penis, and the frenulum (if it wasn't removed during circumcision).

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well sure, it can, but that doesn't sound like what the problem is here.

When you have to use artificial lube all the time, it's always going to be a crapshoot as to how all the different chemicals in mass-produced lotions or gels will interact with the sensitive tissues of the penis.

But if he must, perhaps the OP should try using a clear water-based lubricant like ID-glide rather than lotion. It's also more slippery and would reduce friction. Wearing a condom might also help to provide a buffer so you are not rubbing directly against the skin.

14. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One other thing, if you are using a moisturizing lotion intended for the skin, you must remember that it really should ONLY be used on the skin, and the glans isn't skin. If you are circumcised, basically everything "forward" of the circumcision scar isn't skin, it's mucous membrane (same as your lips, inside your mouth....) It has very very different properties than skin, tends to be more porus (though a circumcised penis may be dried out)