1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocd

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Aug 26, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

I know there have been threads about this before, but I can't seem to find them..just wanted to see if anyone else on here suffers from this.

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I think I am. But I don't think mine is severe.

3. SkyDiver

I suffer MAJORLY from this. It takes over my life sometimes.

You're not alone.

4. Sayu

I do too :confused: Well, I am not diagnosed with OCD (though my psychologist told me that I seem very likely to have it, but I don't see her or any other psychologist anymore), but I know I have OCD. I have like ten different permanent rituals + billions of other annoying things I have to do in my day to day life :bang:

5. Aielar

Yup I have it, not fun :frowning2:

6. alwayshope11

Ugh it sucks so bad..and mine is purely obsessional so I get stuck in my head and it makes me nuts!

7. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    YES! I have it so bad, I have so many rituals, and I have obsessional thoughts stuck in my head, like spinning in circles! Makes me go nuts.....I have meds for it, they don't seem to help much.

8. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm not OCD in the clinical sense, but I'm quite a germaphobe. I'm very particular about hygiene, cleanliness, sanitation, etc.

9. Dummy

I have a thing with symmetry... A big thing. It gets worse when I think about it or when someone says something like "why do you do that?"(f.e. eating all the corners of something until it is a circle and then stop because if I eat more of it it won't be a circle anymore and as we all know it is a very symmetrical shape). It just has to be this way. Also I can't be at the right side if someone else. I HAVE to be on the left. Those things that bother me are realy annoying but I can't seem to be able to help it. A haven't consolted a therapist though so I'm not diagnosted with anything and I don't take any pills...

10. ForceAndVerve

Nothing serious, but I have to tidy things up, or align things in a certain way.

Like my desk at work is ALWAYS tidy. My flat is ALWAYS tidy. Things also have to be perpendicular to one another. I don't freak out if they are not but I just go out of my way to make things so. Also, like dummy said, symmetry. I have dual monitors and one is larger than the other and it ANNOYS ME! :lol:

11. kc1895

I was diagnosed with OCD and I'm taking a medication called Luvox CR. Its helped me calm my obsessive thoughts which have dominated my life for a period of time. I became obsessed with an individual and almost got in trouble with the law for stalking behavior. It was very hard to stop thinking about the person and the only way I found relief was though online stalking and checking.

12. Dalmatian

I used to have problems with it way back when I was eleven, twelve. It was mainstream things I guess; I believed my family would be harmed if I didn't do 'right' things and so on. I had to jump over pavement cracks, have equal number of cracks stepped over with each leg. I had the feeling of harming people by looking at them and I had a ritual of countering the effect. I also definitely had a problem with symmetry. For a time it caused problems because I felt very unwell if for some reason I couldn't do what I considered 'right'.

It all went away, more or less, as I aged. All problematic stuff disappeared by the time I was maybe fourteen. It took a lot of will power to do it, though. I started making myself do things 'wrong', fully aware (as I actually always was) it was all only in my head.

Some smaller things hung with me. So, for example, only this morning I still caught myself trying to bike over cracks the same number of times per leg :slight_smile: But now it's just a subconscious game; I would never get back to ride over the crack in the 'right' way.
    And I am also aware that sometimes I get into a loop when I read because my inner reader catches a word he just needs to pronounce right. But again, it's something I smile at and continue.
    I guess there are even now many many things that I do that way and honestly, I can't differentiate between custom and ocd, but it causes me no problems any more, so I'm ok with it :slight_smile:

13. I'm 90% sure i have it. Home ec lessons are a nightmare, everything in those kitchens feels wrong.... I have about 40-50 things i do consciously that i notice and god knows how many that i dont.

14. King

King Guest

I haven't been diagnosed with it, but I'm certain I have it. It's always annoying when people say that, but I truly believe I have OCD. Mine is all about checking...
    Goddamn, it's such a huge piss off. I have to constantly make sure my backpack is done up, that my earrings won't fall out, that my bus money won't fall out of my pocket, and that my window is shut when I leave. It's extremely distressing.

15. brocub

Yup. Although my manifestation of it is more on the obsessive side so I tend to overthink situations or play out how they would go to the point where I get headaches. I also have to clean things (dishes, my room, laundry) if I feel people are upset with me to the point where I can be verging on tears if I don't believe them when they say they are not.

Yeah, I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday to get myself some new medication because of this and a few other MIs (luckily they can all be treated with SSRIs and one of them has seemed to go dormant).

16. jvn95

I think I have it,

I feared the end of the world for 4 years, it escalated and I had to go to once a week or I was afraid I would piss off god and I grew up with not that strict religious views, the suddenly I feel that way. I had a karma complex for a while, I did things like pick up trash or do nice things or karma would make me miserable. And I get paranoid with worries and thoughts alot, since childhood to the point I would cry. And recently, I had an obsession with being transgender, with no basis whatsoever, yet the thoughts would intrude and I would play out telling people I was, and dressing as a girl, the thoughts disturbed me and I never had them before I read online what trans was. The same with the end of the world, and alot of other things. I cannot read anything about health or I will try and diagnose myself with cancer or something I clearly don't have.

It sucks, I've been that way all my life, constant obsessive worry, done with one, on to another.

17. DoriaN

Im GID, OCD, and untreated ADD.

I feel so fucked up.

18. Kyllani

I've never been diagnosed, but I've had problems with OCD since high school. When I was younger, I would check the locks on the doors and windows over and over again all night long. These days, I have to check the stove numerous times before I can get to sleep. I also have a thing with even numbers. I have to eat in even numbers, take an even number of steps while walking, etc.

19. Lewis85

OCD runs from simple non issues to terrible time consuming slow you to a crawl issues.
    If you have anxiety or panic many times OCD is part of fun side effects that come along with it.
    I have OCD, mine I am lucky it is not enough to adversely affect my day. I do things in groups of 5. Check locks, light switch etc in groups of 5.

20. Phantosmiac

I have slightly controllable OCD I think. There are times when I can't control it however. One of the things I can control is my handwriting. I write fast and nearly illegibly (perfect grammar though). If I try to write nicely, I spend half an hour writing one sentence and it looks like I printed it off the computer. Things I can't control would be how I get when my sister leaves her dirty clothes in the bathroom after a shower or doesn't flush the toilet. And I hate touching people that I am not related to. I also freak out over my hair in the morning after I have combed it. All the strands that refuse to stay down drive me nuts. Also the wind! I am growing my hair out but it isn't long enough yet that the wind doesn't completely part my hair in the opposite direction. I hate the wind so much.