1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Vicodin/Celebrex/Side Effects

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by thedreamwatch, Aug 30, 2012.

1. okay, I was/have been taking Vicodin as needed and Celebrex daily (as prescibed by my surgeon after I had a breast reduction on August 16th) and within the last two days or so, I have felt like I needed to urinate almost all the time. Then I go, and I always do pee at least a little, but often a lot and I'm okay for like fifteen to twenty-five minutes before I have to go again.

it's getting to the point where I literally cannot sleep because if I don't fall asleep within fifteen minutes of laying down (which I normally don't) I will have to get up again to go to the bathroom.

I did some googling about side effects and the drugs I've been taking, but frequent urination is a really rare side effect of Celebrex (which I guess means it's a possible cause, but I figure it would have showed up prior to now since I've been taking it for eleven days or more) and I don't think it's a side effect of Vicodin at all--except it does happen during withdrawals. I only took Vicodin regularly for the first two or three days after surgery and then started taking it once or twice a day if/when the pain was bad. I don't think I've even had any for two days...but is that long enough of taking it that I'd have withdrawal symptoms and wouldn't I have more symptoms than that? I honestly don't know.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone will know anything about this, but I have to ask, since I would like to be able to sleep eventually. If nobody knows anything and/or it doesn't go away, obviously I'll call my doctor, but honestly I would kind of like to NOT have another appointment if this will just go away on its own. I'm in that office ALL the time these days.

:help:

2. KaraBulut

The thing that sticks out in your post is that you're still taking anti-inflammatory and pain medication 2 week after your surgery. It's usual for post-surgical pain to persist that long.

Did your surgeon give you any guidelines on how long you would expect to have pain?