1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgot to take my meds

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kc1895, Sep 2, 2012.

1. kc1895

Sometimes I forget whether I've taken my meds at night. My routine leads me to thinking about it, putting it off, and then wondering if I already took them. They're important cause they're psych meds and I have to take them everyday. When I double-dose, I get migraines. When I skip a dose, I get withdrawal symptoms- dizzyness, mood swings, and now I'm feeling really freaked out in a manic way. I definitely missed them last night. :eusa_doh:

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Could you get a simple calendar, pick something you find pretty or fun, that you could tick off each day when you take your meds? I find that routine tasks are simple until something interrupts my routine, then I can't remember if I did something or not, or did I do it yesterday but not today etc... If I was on any long-term meds I'd need to write it down for sure.

3. [​IMG]

How about buying a pill organiser like that? You can get them for $1 at most dollar stores I've been to, and you just need to fill them up once a week.

4. darlig ulv

organize the pills in a pill box so you know that if the meds for the day aren't in there, you've taken them

5. justjoshoh

electrolicious and darling_ulv are on the right track with the pill organizer, it is a simple solution to the issue of medication adherence. You might want to check the medication guides that you should get when you get your prescriptions. Some medications should not be double-dosed, even if you missed a dose. The medication guides tell you what you should do if you miss a dose.

6. Butterthecat23

I have to take psych meds too. I also get that way too. The best thing I can tell you to do is get a pill case and put lots of post-its everywhere to remind yourself to A: Take your meds and B: Refill the pillcase. I know it is kind of embarrassing at first, but it can be a very helpful thing, especially when you go on trips or something. Hope dat helps! :thumbsup:

7. Kyllani

I would definitely have to agree with everyone else. I take psych meds too, and I have a hard time with my bed-time meds. I resorted to buying two pill cases, one for dinner time meds and one for bed time. Sometimes I forget to fill them, and that screws me all up too.

You could even set a daily reminder on your phone to help you remember to take them. I have a friend that has thyroid issues and has like 4 alarms a day on her phone to remind her to take calcium. Whatever helps!