1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to shave.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by darkenedwrench, Sep 11, 2012.

1. darkenedwrench

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so I'm a 19 year old bi guy. I've had sex with both guys and girls. But I have a problem. I'm EXTREMELY hairy, errrywhere. My ass, arms, upper legs, lower legs, backs of my thighs... everything. And i really want to shave or wax my asss. My question is, would it look weird if I shaved the hair on my ass and not on my legs? Idk what to do. Help? :slight_smile:

2. Defiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Try getting a hand-held laser hair removal, like the phillips lumea. It's a bit expensive, but it thins the hair out over time by permanently removing it. If you did that, the hair would disappear gradually so there wouldn't suddenly be hairline!

3. BudderMC

I think ultimately, you need to decide who you're doing this for. If you're going to start manscaping, you should be doing it for yourself to make yourself look and feel better. If you think it would look funny, then don't do it. And if a guy is not going to be interested in you because of the amount of body hair you have, he's probably not worth your time anyways.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I personally think it looks weird if you are really hairy all over and the BAM no hair. Its personal preference, though. If the person who you are having ex with doesn't mind, then go with it. And if you don't have a permanent partner then go with whatever you feel fits you best.

Have you considered trimming instead of shaving or waxing?

5. jsmurf

Waxing is the best method, imo..

6. NordicSpirit

Whatever you do, try something temporary first, like shaving or waxing so if you dont like it the hair will grow back and your not stuck with permanent hairless patches.

7. KaraBulut

It depends on whether you're wanting to get rid of hair for an actual person or for some person that you think might like a hairless ass.

There are lots of guys who are really turned on by body hair. Unless you're seeing somebody who prefers a smooth ass, there's no reason to do anything unless you want to do it.

Invest in a good body groomer. The better models have guards that you can use to clipper the hair on your legs and ass to a shorter length. Shaving- especially in warmer weather is just an invitation for rash and razor burn.

If you do find yourself with someone who absolutely, positively, no-negotiating wants a smooth ass, then waxing is going to be your best option.

8. PurpleCrab

For esthetics, if your buttocks are sort of smooth but it's between the cheeks that it's hairy, no it won't look weird to have your ass shaved as long as you leave the buttocks alone/just trimmed.
    Now, if your buttocks are very hairy, shaving them while leaving your legs just as hairy WILL look weird.

If your buttocks are very hairy I suggest you have them waxed from time to time, as well as your legs. Reason is, shaving causes the hair to regrow harsh almost right after it's done and it's not a nice feeling in bed (or wherever else..) to caress stubble on buttocks/legs. Say, once a month, maybe, and some short/medium soft regrowth at the end of the month is a good compromise.

Now, the hair that grows between the butt cheeks, I do fully understand if you wanted it gone for practical reasons. After shaving mine regularly for a long time it doesn't regrow to harsh, doesn't make rashes or anything or the likes, so I speak from experience that shaving is alright. The first 5-10 times though your skin is not used to it and it may razor burn. Try using a good flexible razor for it, like women's razors, and a proper shaving gel.

The portable laser removal is a good idea and my wife is considering it for herself but she isn't 100% sure it would be a good investment, Defiant, do you have any personal experience with it?

9. Lewis85

Manscaping = disturbing
    Ever trim a hedge and the more you cut at it the more slight things get screwed up so you keep trimming and trimming, until the 6 foot hedge is 4 feet.
    Manscaping is much the same way.
    As odd as it sounds I would practice a bit you might find that shaving off body hair in a few places causes a, shall we say a unwelcomed itching problem.

10. DarkestJade

Oh that Razor Burn thing is waaaaaaaaay too true!!!!! I recently tried shaving myself for the first time, and I could barely walk!! I guess it's my own fault though, I kinda didn't do anything the way it's supposed to be done. But I learnt my lesson, the second time wasn't as bad... and I loved how smooth my legs felt I actually felt some semblance of attractiveness in myself!! Sadly though, the gf didn't like it and kind of banned me from shaving my legs again >_>

11. speedracing22

Get an electric trimmer that comes with guards. They have different guards that set the height of the trimmer so basically you can trim your hair so it blends in.

I use one sometimes. It makes my hair look normal - - not shaved. Nobody can tell. Best $30 I've ever spent.

12. Toxic Event

Out Status:
    A few people
    Fair warning: do not shave your ass. You will not forgive yourself.

Now I haven't dealt with waxing, but I'd assume that's the only safe thing to attempt down there so that you don't get stubble that can and will be very, very uncomfortable.

13. Dalmatian

Just a very basic question here: are there any important differences between waxing and using epilators? Epilators just seem simpler to me. I don't use any, I use a trimmer, but I would like to start with something more permanent.

14. KaraBulut

The primary difference between the results of waxing versus epilation is that waxing does tend to be more consistent. Epilation can produce inconsistent results leaving a less smooth feel.

From a pain perspective, both are painful. Some people prefer the quick-and-its-over pain of waxing versus the slow-torture pain of epilators. Waxing is rougher on the surface of the skin and does produce more bleeding.

15. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well.. ehhm.. this is quite embarrassing *cough*, but.. when we were 17, me and my friend lost a bet and as a result had to get our asses waxed. It didn't hurt at all. Like, seriously, at all. Ripping off a band aid from your leg or something is waaaaayyy worse than getting your ass waxed. Trust me. Admittedly, I don't have much hair down there to begin with, but my friend did, and his reaction was the same as mine: "that's it? that doesn't hurt at all!"

Thought that might be good to know :lol:

16. DragonLvr9999

Thats because you were 17. You probably didnt have any hair yet lol jk.

17. babyjax13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've gone with "thighs and up", but the only hairy things on me are my legs and forearms. The rest is pretty much....gone (well except my peepee).