1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neti Pots

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DryOasis, Sep 12, 2012.

1. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

I started using one a couple of months ago and it really has changed my life. I used to be congested, constantly blowing my nose and had terrible hayfever, now its much more manageable. Its the beginning of spring (pollen) where I live and I've never felt so good!

Mine is a modified design, not really a 'pot' but a little container with a special nozzle. Does anyone else use one?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I swear by the neti pot. It gets out congested mucus I didn't even know was there.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

[​IMG]

I use one of these, its good because you squeeze the water through your sinuses, but!! my sinus occasionally are still blocked, so I have to use a menthol sinus spray afterwards.

4. Pain

Pain Guest

Another word for that is a nasal douche, according to my dictionary :grin:

5. BNQ2012

I own both the NeilMed variety and a traditional neti pot. I do not use mine regularly because I have a horrible time sticking to routines. When I do use it I find it helpful though.

6. Ianthe

I use one of those NeilMed things, but not as often as I should. I have constant sneezing and congestion problems.

!!!Only use distilled water!!! You do not want fungus or something growing in there, or to introduce bacteria. I drink from the tap, but I always use bottled water for the nasal flusher thing.

7. KaraBulut

Nasal irrigation is fine. Two things- use sterile water as mentioned above and be sure to drain as much of the solution out as possible.

There's also a sterile pressurized irrigation called Simply Saline that is available at most pharmacies that works well.
    [​IMG]

8. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

Distilled water or Boiled (and cooled) water. Is it the same thing?

9. darlig ulv

Neti pots changed my breathing. Its amazing how clean my nose is.

10. KaraBulut

Mostly. Distilled water is water sold in stores that has been boiled, converted to steam and then allowing the steam to convert to water in a sterile container. As long as it is kept in a closed container, distilled water is considered to be pure.

Boiling water still has mineral and other dissolved substances in it but the boiling process is considered to remove most bacteria and other infectious organisms.