1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bump on my Head

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mad1022, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My friends younger sister had a cancer-causing tumor on her head, which ha to be surgically removed. To my horror, I realized that I've had a bump on my head for as long as I can remember. When I was very little I asked my mon and she told me it was okay. However, I fear that I may get cancer - and, even worse, I fear the bump will require surgery and surgery is my worst fear x.o

2. FashionDisaster

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much. Lots of people have bumps and dents on their heads. Its just part of the natural shape of their skull. For most these are hidden by their hair; so you are not very likely to notice them. In fact if it is in the back of your head it is most likely your occipital protuberance and everyone has one.

If you feel that you have been getting a lot of headaches, the bump has changed size, vision trouble, unexplained trembling, or things like that then you might want to be checked out. Otherwise you are most likely experiencing the normal worries that someone will go through after someone they know has a serious medical issue. I know that after my father's heart surgery I became worried of my own heart health for awhile even though I had never had an issue.