1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Much Caffeine?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Thandrami, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Thandrami

I have taken 4 caffeine pills and a 5 hour energy within a very short period of time. The total amount of caffeine is right around 1000mg (or 1 gram). Is that high or is that like average because I am not feeling so great right now

2. KaraBulut

Well, that is the equivalent of drinking 8 cups of coffee or 20 cans of cola.

3. Thandrami

Then I guess this was probably not my best idea.....

4. Chrissouth53

My brother is a paramedic and has responded to more that one "overdose" of JoltCola. Yes, that was probably too much.

Part of the problem is that none of that caffeine is diluted, such as when you drink coffee of cola. It's all going to hit you at the same time.

5. Thandrami

I think I have learned not to do this again. I had to call out of work today because I feel terrible. While I am feeling just a little better I am still very nauseated and am having dizzy flashes.

6. you can od on caffiene lol, (apparently)

my friend had a loooad all in one go not really thinking about it and she was sick later that night.... you might be sick later.... will probably help if you are though it will get it out of your system and youll feel better.

oh and drink lots of water to help flush it through your system :slight_smile:

7. Nemo39122

Yeah probably too much. I recently discovered caffeine pills and with my habit of drinking too much mountain dew...let's just say I've had a few days similar to what you're experiencing. Like another poster said, drink lots of water to help flush it out of your system. And of course, don't take that much caffeine at once anymore. I've learned not to take more than one 200mg caffeine pill every 2+ hours or I start having issues. I get really agitated and have the urge to shred things lol

8. RainDreamer

Drink lots of water. It helps your body to flush out some of that caffeine.

Also, brace yourself for one of the worst headache in your life. I remember staying up all night and pulling myself through the morning with coffee for a test, the result in the afternoon wasn't pretty.

9. CodePink

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be very careful with caffeine. Sadly enough I picked up a coffee habit at my last job [i worked over night 11p-7a] and one cup from the Keurig machine was HEAVEN for me...then I started drinking Monster drinks [!!!!] and now it's like I'm addicted to them. I feel it was the worst habit to pick up...

Doesn't help my anxiety at all! And yes coming off a caffeine high is very difficult. I remember I hadn't had any caffeine in about 3 days and I just couldn't take it anymore and gave into an energy drink [all we had was Full Throttle] so it really is "kicking a habit"

Best wishes!

10. everett

Had that feeling yesterday, I work at starbucks mind you. oy vey....

11. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, do that. Too much caffeine is really bad for you. In college, I used to drink a lot of Snapple and also take 5 Hour Energy shots once in a while when I needed to stay awake to do homework. When I first took the shot, it made me feel invincible. I had so much energy, and I was just zipping through my work feeling totally awake. Then hours later comes the crash. I feel so incredibly sick that it ended up being not worth taking the shot in the first place. It would have been better to take a power nap, wake up refreshed, and do the work...it would've only taken like 30 minutes of my time. Instead, the caffeine made me miserable all night long. I had a terrible headache and felt nauseous and just overall very uncomfortable.

And in the long run, caffeine is just bad for your system, too. I know that everyone's bodies are sensitive to different things, but personally, caffeine really screwed up my kidneys and bladder. Now, I'm dealing with the consequences and have to cleanse my system to restore proper kidney/bladder function. Don't overdo!

12. That's probaly not good for you