1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by heaven, Sep 15, 2012.

1. heaven

Well iv been kinda noticing factors of depression that i have, like random sadness, tired, and no will. But im not sure to what extent depression could be, i feel happy sometimes but i just feel neutral most times. But when im alone and i start thinking about myself i just end up in the shower crying or in my bed doing the same thing. So I dont know what to do or what symptoms come with it and im worried for myself. Iv been adviced to seek a counselor at my school but im too shy for that and the telephone counselor dosnt sound like the best idea too. So is there anyway it could be treated like from myself or something? :help:

2. Mogget

It is possible to recover from depression without therapy or medication. Possible, but not likely. I would strongly advise using a therapist to assist with your recovery, telephone or school.

3. KaraBulut

It depends somewhat on how severe your symptoms are.

The teenage years are full of all sorts of emotional roller-coaster rides. One minute, you can be laughing hysterically and then the next minute you can be crying. The hormonal changes that go on in puberty are partially to blame. And the inexperience with dealing with stress and new feelings is not easy when you're young.

Short-term ups and down and feeling depressed some days is normal but it should always be temporary. It's when the "down" side of the roller-coaster goes on for days or weeks and it begins to overshadow other good things in your life that we get concerned. Feeling "blah" or "emotionally dead" or depressed day after day is usually a sign that it's time to get treatment for the depression.

4. anonymousjane

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi,

I can definitely understand feeling "too shy" for therapy, as that's how I've felt in the past as well. Therapists and counselors understand that at the first meeting, you two are essentially strangers and they take things nice and slow. They don't expect you to open right up to them; you two have to build up a relationship just like anyone else. And if you don't like your counselor, you're entitled to ask for a different one. I had a therapist once that I hated, so I switched. It's allowed.

That being said, I don't know whether or not you're suffering from depression; however, if you feel like you have a problem (even if you're not sure), it's always okay to get checked out. Even if you meet with a counselor once and you two decide that you're okay, at least you'll know it's all good!

In other words, counseling is never a bad idea. If you don't like it, you don't have to go back. If you don't "need" it after all, you don't have to go back. But if you do like it and you do need it, then you've just taken the first steps toward recovery.

Good luck on your journey! Let us know what you decide to do :slight_smile: