1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I have a very bad short term memory...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ty, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Okay well from the moment I get up, im always thinking of things I need to do when I get home, and then after school i'll think and then I remember I had things i wanted to do but I can't remember them >.>

Also when I was doing some french speaking coursework (recording my voice) my french teacher told me a sentence to say i said 'okay im ready', he started the casette and I completely forgot what to say ! Its really annoying, is there any way I can better my short term memory ?:icon_redf

2. CrimsonThunder

I just read what you wrote Ty, I thought of something but I forgot what it was!

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Oh god, im contagious >.>

4. CrimsonThunder

You should get yourself checked.

But for serial now, I don't know of any ways for you to fix your problem. If you continually think about it then maybe it'll get stuck in your head for a while. Write it down a few times. Say it out loud a few times (two birds with one stone with that one, you'll look like an idiot too!)

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I do do, to some extent. Someone can ask me to do something and 10 minutes later I may have forgotten what it was (I remember that I was asked to do something, just not what it was).

If you have other things on your mind or distractions you are less likely to remember. Markie asked me three times yesterday evening to do something and I still forgot, because I was on here.

If you don't trust your memory then make a note of it (keep a small pad and pen in your pocket or on your desk) or store it in your phone as a spoken memo or in the notes section. Often the act of making the note of it is enough for you to remember it anyway, because you have to think about it a bit then.

6. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got this problem too, although I also have a rubbish long term memory. If you asked me what I did over the summer I wouldn't be able to remember, and I'm terrible with names. I've started writing a diary in order to help with this and to clear my head and it seems to have worked, although i've only been doing it a month perhaps I should wait longer.

To improve short term memory you should write stuff down, just the process of writing it might help you remember

7. panda

I've had problems with my memory.It got to the point where i went to a Memory Clinic to get tested.Of course I'm a bit older than you with years of brain abuse but the tests said I'm OK.
    Another thing that I've realized with my looking at my own sexuality conflicts, that simply thinking about it consumes a lot of space in my head.which squeezes out some memory.
    As I'm slowly figuring who and what I am my memory seems to be improving.
    Another thing that is improving my concentration is practicing Mindful Meditation.It's working for me.
    Ther's only so much room in your haed so writing down is a good Idea. Bon chance.:thumbsup:

8. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ty

I'm sure I saw on GMTV (UK morning show) this morning about a pill that can help short-term memory loss. It was featured in one of the daily papers. Unfortunately, I can't remember which one!! (Seriously).

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Ironical :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Hmmm ohhh! Maybe your thinking about that research in canada on a fat man who they electrocuted a certain part of his brain and he got an incredible memory boost? (I read that on BBC today...) Or maybe two memory stories came out today :s i'll have a look for this pill!

10. neverover

yeah, me too. sometimes i remember it back fast, sometimes not. like yesterday when im on my way to my frenz house, i remember to bring 2 cds, and i went back home, go again to my frenz house, and in the same road, i realise i only bring 1 cd. but i didnt go back home again, too far. mostly its becos im easily distracted.

11. Grof142007

well duh school in what 8hrs long if it not that important there no way u can remeber with all the events that take place in school

I can give you all tips to improve ur short term memory i'll post it tommorow it is in my psychology book which i have to get from my room but really it good stuff.

12. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That plus Ty plus Tom = EC is bad for your memory! lol

Now, seriously. I've heard of Ginkgo Biloba. It's something supposed to improve your memory... dunno about its effectiveness.