1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to lose weight...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CierraCadaver, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Hi. :slight_smile:
    I am really trying to lose weight. There are a lot of reasons why. (health, emotional, social, etc.) But, I am looking for somebody else, preferably a girl around 165-170, to "compete" with me. I would really like a constant motivator and somebody to share experiences with. Anybody interested? Thanks. :slight_smile:
    -Cierra

2. HarleyQ

I just want to say... I wish you luck!!
    I can respect the desire to be thinner and healthier :slight_smile: I'm currently trying to make my body stronger so I can go back to the activities that I love.

If you need motivation, other that competition, I would love to talk to you about your goals and everything :slight_smile: Just to tell you that you're doing amazing :slight_smile: If you wanna talk or anything... I'm here and I have valuable resources that you can use lol. My best friend is a nutritionist and I have another who is a physical trainer lol. I'm a runner and dancer (on break due to knee/shoulder issues ://), so I'm all about motivation and kicking the "wall" down :slight_smile:

3. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm not going to compete with you; I'm already borderline underweight haha. But just a quick tip on something I found very effective...eat CHEERIOS! If you like them, then I'd say go for it.

I had this period of time for over several months when I was completely obsessed with Honey Nut Cheerios. I mean, I'd eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and sometimes (usually) as a before-bed/midnight snack, too. And each time, I'd eat a gigantic bowl. After having this as a primary part of my diet for several months, I lost 10 pounds without any exercise. It's full of fiber, so it's good for your colon health. It's good for lowering cholesterol, and it can make you feel pretty full while being easy to digest.

I know most people wouldn't go crazy like I did and eat it that much, but I'd say definitely include some healthy cereals and fiber-filled foods into your diet.

Good luck!

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would try to find a sport you can get passionate about, and that would help you to stay motivated.

However, dieting goes much farther than exercise as far as losing weight, and it's generally considered the less painless thing to do.

So I'd focus on that.

Also, find some friends to work with!