1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teen guy getting stretch marks

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by runallday4, Sep 24, 2012.

1. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

I'm a teen guy, and I have no clue why but I'm getting stretch marks on the sides of my butt, and it's starting to move up to my lower back. I have no clue what's causing this though. I'm 17, so I'm probably still growing a little, but not at rapid speeds or anything. I'm a guy so obviously not pregnant. I do cross country 6 days a week, so I haven't been gaining weight (I've weighed roughly the same thing for about a year). Also, other than running, I don't do any "muscle exercises" so I shouldn't be bulking up, unless runnings really making my glutes that much bigger, which I doubt.
    Maybe I just have really bad skin. I'm pretty fair skinned so I burn/freckle easily, and my acne is so difficult to control.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?

2. darlig ulv

Probably just growing.

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2012 at 11:27 PM ----------

People in my family actually stop their growth spurts at around 15 or 16 and resume them a few years later, could be something like that.

3. Lad123

I have stretch marks on the sides of my butt too :icon_sad:

4. Gen

Gen

Tell Me About It! I'm 5-5 and quite slim, and have them all on my behind too. I mean I'll be honest, mine are a little justified. I dont know why people complain so much about having a "flat ass" >_>.

There isnt a definite way to help them. Though, I am very obsessive so I try whatever I can. I recently started using this product called Bio Oil, which is supposed to be used mainly for stretch marks. Nothing is going to just evaporate any time soon, but it does seem like I am having some positive results. So I guess if you really want to try something, its worth a try. I'm not sure where you can buy it store-wise, because I purchase a majority of my health care products online.

Nothing will probably fully rid you of them completely. Learn to love them. I still havent full yet, but like I said I'm obsessive lol.

5. Jared

I've heard that cocoa butter works, but I haven't tried it myself. They'll eventually fade with time, my back and sides are covered with them thanks to a rapid growth spurt, 5'8" to 6'3" in a little over a year. The were really noticeable for a long time, but not so much any more. Like Gen said learn to love them, since they'll nothing short of laser treatment will make them go away. I know that's easier said than done, I still hate mine, but they will fade.

6. O_Negative

I was a cheerleader for about 3 years, and in those 3 years I gained enough muscle mass to cause stretch marks on my abdomen, inner thighs, and my hips. I think it's honestly the fact that you do so much with your body. Skin is only so elastic, and moving it around a lot (especially cross country causing marks on your butt), it makes sense that it would stretch past its limit occasionally. I'd say use cocoa butter like Cornella recommended. Put some on after every shower or something for a couple weeks and see if that helps. It'll help keep your skin elastic and supple and hopefully reduce the marks, or at least lessen the chance of getting more.

7. Bradders

Bradders Guest

8. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

My main goal is to just prevent them, since the ones I have now look fresh and purple.

9. th3wallflow3r

although I've never used it myself, I've been told bio-oil works.

I was recommended it for the burn marks on my stomach actually but it works for stretch marks.

10. Flow

Sometimes you can't help stretch marks. The best thing you can do is to treat them while they're new and fresh. After they've turned silver/white, little can be done to them. Cocoa butter does wonders for new stretch marks. I wish I knew of this when I was younger, I used to be kinda fat and now I have stretch marks on my biceps(which is probably from working out as well but meh) and between my thighs(TMI?). It sucks. Good luck!

11. Nemo39122

It's just from growing. You're a teen guy, you're growing, your skin can't quite keep up so you're getting stretch marks. My brother had the same problem around his lower back, and though I'm a girl (physically anyway) I had the same issue around the sides of my butt and my upper legs. Even if you're not necessarily growing fast it can still seem to happen...don't ask me why, I have no clue.

I haven't cared enough to try to make mine go away so I don't know for sure what would work best, but I have a feeling stretch mark creams intended for pregnant women can help fade stretch marks. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

Don't worry, many teens have stretch marks. I have them. If you really hate them then there are certain creams out there that help get rid of them.

13. anonomus

anonomus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have always had problems maintaining weight plus my junior year i went from 5'7" to 6'4" but they tend to fade on there own once you get all balanced out again. Try the cocoa butter since yours are fresh because that will make your skin more elastic. And if it doesnt work... just OWN them. especially since they are on your ass. That just means if someone is seeing them you have pretty much already caught there eye lol SO do not feel self conscious about them.

14. EmiliaSolis

I used Dermelastic Serum twice a day starting at 8 weeks and never had any itching or stretchmarks. In fact, multiple people who saw my very large stomach at the end of pregnancy commented on how good my skin looked.