1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misophonia

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ilovecats, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

Anyone here have Misophonia? For those of you who dont know, misophonia is a rare and little understood sydrome in which ordinary sounds enrage the sufferer. There is no known cure for it.

I have it, and it makes life so much worse. When I get older, I may become an audiologist or a neurologist so I can study it and possibely cure it.

My trigger sounds are all those sounds you can make with your mouth and nose such as breathing, chewing, smacking gum, etc...

When I hear those sounds I want to hit someone, throw something, hurt myself, run, scream, kill myself, do anything to make the sounds stop. But I never do any of that. I just sit and twitch and whimper.

2. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Wait... this is a thing?! Oh my God! I've spent my whole life thinking I was terrible for having such violent thoughts whenever someone masticates or swallows loudly. I almost failed English because of this; the girl next to me chewed so loudly, I'd fantasize about hurting her. I've often had the urge to slap or punch people, but sometimes I really just wanna... you know, rip jaws off, tear out tongues...... But obviously I resist and just become very irritable instead. The loud masticaters can consider themselves lucky. I even hate the word "chew". I tend to wear headphones in places I know people will be eating.

My uncle is even worse. He actually went to confess to a priest because he was having such awful thoughts.

But WOO I'M NOT ALOOOONE!