1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever have this surgery?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GreenRaven, Oct 1, 2012.

1. GreenRaven

i have to get a transposition on my ulnar nerve because it's been pinched for going on 2 and a half months, and i was wondering if anyone else has had this surgery? and what's the estimated recovery time? sorry i haven't really been on, life's been kinda crazy after the move back to my parent's house. been doing as many chores as i can cause i lost my job while not straining my arm too much otherwise i'm in agony. and then trying to save up like $200 to go visit my best friend in georgia for halloween week. the tickets for megabus are only $113.50 but i want spending money for booze and souvies D:

anyways...yeah....anyone have this surgery before? how much pain am i looking at during recovery? hopefully not a lot cause i can't take anything with codine in it, makes me wicked sick. and obviously i won't be able to take ibuprophen, so tylenol will have to be good enough :/

2. GreenRaven

8 minutes til i leave for my consult. i'm so nervous it's crazy

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope that it goes well!! Sorry, I cannot offer any advice..

4. GreenRaven

it's ok, thanks. surgery is on the 18th, so 10 days away. can't believe it's so soon >.<

5. starfish

Why can't you take ibuprofen?

You could ask your doctor for another NSAID. I've been taking Meloxicam for a back injury for a while. I find it work really weel and I only have to take 1 pill a day. From what my doctor told me Meloxicam is easier on your stomach, so that is a plus.

6. GreenRaven

well i can't take ibuprofen right after the surgery because it's a blood-thinner. i plan on taking tylenol though. not sure how NSAIDs would react with my anti-depressants, but i'll ask my surgeon when i see him on the 18th. thanks for the input!

7. GreenRaven

update! surgery today went well. no pain other than a little from the incision :grin: i can move my hand without pain shooting down my arm and i am so excited about it

8. starfish

Awesome. Pinched nerves suck. Glad they got it cleared up.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well!

10. GreenRaven

Hey all, just wanted to give you an update! I can feel all of my ring finger and most of my pinky, i still have some swelling around the incision but the doctor says it's healing great and i'll be getting put in PT in a week or two to work on my strength. Soon as i could feel my ring finger i picked up my guitar and played it til i got blisters, haha. so i'm letting those heal and turn into callouses now XD.

still a little sore around the incision but for the most part i don't need pain killers anymore unless i over-exert my arm. i'm on a restriction of nothing more than 5 pounds with that arm that i'm doing my best to follow. unless i'm picking up my cat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: