1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have a mental disorder? And which one?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mad1022, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So for my whole life, I've been...wierd. Do these symptom relate to any disorders?
    Random periods of depression, having a best buddy inside my head, random muscle spasms, random anger, hearing things, unable to sit still,conflicting emotions (laughing while crying, etc. and I have the habit of smiling and laughing during sad or serious times), jumpy, random thoughts, anti-social, paranoid, trouble sleeping, trouble sitting still, MANY different personalities, uncomfortable around large groups, and extremley sentimental. EXTREMLEY. For the different personalities, I have alot of conflicting sides of me that I can't sort out.
    Thanks for any help.

#1 Mad1022, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I have pure-ocd. I know for sure. My day wouldn't be right if I did not retrace my steps carefully. I wish I didn' have ocd.

3. Gen

Gen

Well, lets take a step back for a second. If you are a victim of all of these then I'd be shocked to hear that you were conherent.

It is possible that a few of these are indeed issues that could need consultation. I would just like you to be wary that the majority of symptoms you described are commonly incorrectly self diagnosed or confused. The feelings of having 'mind people' and or multiple personalities is usually misunderstood. Multiple Personality symdrome is not the idea of actually have multiple personalities as it says. It is more of the idea that there are multiple 'minds' at work, usually unaware of each others actions. They are prone to memory loss and black outs. Missing areas of time, while there peers inform them that they seemed conscious. Those who suffer from it are almost always unaware.

Muscles spasm, not siting still, and anxiety could be a case of adhd. The conflicting emotions are completely natural. They are multiple ways to deal with emotion. Personally, I laughed when I fail tests or things go horrible wrong. Its very awkward when I am the only one though :/. And there are dozens of reasons to fear large groups.(For me its germaphobia.)

What I am trying to say is, if you feel that something isnt right then it is always good to go talk to someone. However, it is not a good idea to get to caught in automatic self diagnosis. Most mental issues are misunderstood by the population and vastly underestimate in their validity. If this is really getting to you them I would worry about hypochondriasis. Though if you do suffer from it you will probably assume you have it...

So long story short if something doesnt feel right them go talk to someone.

And I probably had alot of typos in this because I am too lazy to read through, but hopefully you can get what I meant :C

#3 Gen, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  4. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you; and I forgot: Everything has to be "even" (ie if O touch one cheek, I HAVE to touch the other or I feel wrong. Second, I have this wierd thig where in certain movies or video games, I have this deep sense of longing and loss, like I should be thwrw. Its not just a deep game or anything; its like I truly belong there. And I have suspected ADHD for a while.
    Ah, and I keep forgetting (no pun intended) I have short term memory loss.

5. anonymousjane

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Mad,

I would suggest talking to a mental health professional. Self-diagnosis is incredibly unreliable and can be a dangerous thing to do. Whether you have a disorder or not, a doctor will be able to talk to you and give his/her medical opinion. Whatever (s)he says, I'm sure it will put your mind at ease. Mental disorders are more than just a collection of symptoms, and if you want a reliable diagnosis, you'll have to see a professional.

Jane

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    could be BPD?

You need to see a professional to know for sure

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll echo the other posters. The symptoms you are describing are potentially serious, and way beyond what a community of non-professionals are equipped to advise on.

I would strongly suggest seeing a psychologist or social worker. You will most likely also need a referral to a psychiatrist, but I'd suggest starting with the others first, as you'll get a more complete and well-rounded workup to determine what's going on for you.

8. Mogget

I agree with Chip. Talking to a counselor is a very good idea.

9. RainDreamer

Don't take me for this, and go see a medical professional, but my guess is that you have multiple disorders at once, and it sounds serious. So go and see some one who knows what you have to do now, before it harms you.

10. Praetor

I definitely agree with other posters. Seek out a qualified individual who can help you. Symptoms you described can be applied to a wide variety of conditions, including forms of schizophrenia. Any suspected problem with your mental health is nothing to be ashamed of, but it should be treated properly by professionals. Today there exists more treatment options with better degrees of success than perhaps ever before due to relatively recent advancements in psychology and medicine.