1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I felt I should share

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SwordplayBoy, Oct 3, 2012.

1. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Before I came out yesterday, I was in a very dark place. I'm still not completely okay, yet, but I'm a bit better. I used to have a need to cut myself a lot, but I haven't even thought about doing it all day. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

(!!) :grin:

2. john1984

I know what you mean about a big weight being off your shoulders. It feels really good thats how i felt after i just told the first person. I wondered why i had waited so long. I'm really proud of you for doing it. And no more cutting yourself. I want to see you write back that you're not gonna do that anymore.

3. ems

ems

Yh cutting is not the answer and leaves u with more problems than it helps. Don't do it again If u can help it

4. Caoimhe Fayre

hey I'm proud of you for getting through a day without cutting! the trick for me that helped me to significantly decrease and eventually stop cutting is to just focus on the now. Tomorrow and the next day will take care of themselves, so focus your energy today on getting through just today without hurting yourself.

if you feel like cutting, delay and go for a walk or a run instead, or go do something else physical and demanding of effort. I find that physical activity often helps burn the energy away and takes my mind of things temporarily, and though I'll admit that I still want to cut sometimes, the desire is significantly lessened.

I would also suggest looking into counseling, if you don't already have a counselor. they can help you find different strategies to overcome self-injury and find new coping mechanisms.

Anyway, way to go! Both for coming out of the closet and for getting through your first day without self-injury. :slight_smile:

#4 Caoimhe Fayre, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  5. Kcaz12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ia m so proud of you i kno exactly how you feel but i still cut but i am working on stopping

6. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, everyone, I doubt I'll cut again. I'm too happy right now, I'm usually depressed and sulking around my house all day, but today I've been really happy. I recently heard from my grandpa, he's adjusting to it, but he hasn't fully come to terms with it.:lol:

7. john1984

Good to see that you're happy now. Even when you're not at times remember NO CUTTING. You're grandpa will definately make peace with it too sometimes changes just take time for people.

8. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, he's dealing with it, I have no clue what's going on with my grandmother though. :confused: Apparently my grandfather had a few gay friends. We don't know how my grandma feels about gay people. Oh well, I'm sure things will be okay.

9. Pyrotactick

Yay! I'm glad you could come out. I have trouble coming out myself, I'm a bit frightened but I hint it sometimes. If you ever feel bad, maybe helping other people come out could make you feel better....just an FYI because sometimes I get repercussions of depression :slight_smile:

10. john1984

Yeah it will work out. A lot of times people who may not like gay people change their opinion when its someone they care about or know who is. If you ever need to talk just message me or something im usually on here at some point during the day after school and work.

11. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, Pyrotactick, I'm sure thins will work out for you. I don't really know your family though, so I could be wrong, if you want to talk more just message me.

Hey, john1984, I probably will. So far things have been doing good, and I doubt my grandmother would hate me for this. I'm guessing, just like everyone else, she just needs to adjust.