1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant headache

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Hydrogen, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Hydrogen

Has anyone had a problem with a headache that just won't go away. In the past I have had a few migraines, but for the last 72 hours I have had a headache that just won't go away. It is not migraine strength, but it is close.

I have a call into my doctor, but he won't be back into the office until Monday. Seriously thinking of going to one of thous jack-in-the box places today.

This is usually something I would ask JeyHew about, very strange to not have him for advice.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Try putting some ice on the spot where the pain is. You were recently in a car wreck, your neck may have had some trauma to it that is causing this. What have you taken for it so far?

3. Hydrogen

All yesterday I stayed in bed with the covers over my head, hoping it would pass. I took some Aleve and Tylenol, didn't help at all.

My mom and Tyler want me to go to the jack-in-the-box, I really don't trust the jack-in-the-box clinic. Last time I was there on one side of the room were 3 people with the flu, and on the other a homeless man that had used the restroom on himself and continued to just sit there. Needless to say, it was not enjoyable in the least.

I'm thinking of taking a Valium and just waiting until tomorrow to see my doc. Last thing I want to do is catch something while waiting for a doctor in the clinic.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If you can get through until tomorrow with meds you already use, and it doesn't get any worse, I think waiting to see your own doc who knows your medical history could be best.

If it gets worse though, use the emergency doctor service.

5. Vampyrecat

I agree with paul. If it gets worse, go Straight to the Emergency department. It could be something more then a headache.
    If you think you can cope with the pain as it is, and like paul says, it doesn't get any worse, wait for your own doc.
    If it DOES get worse, get someone to take you to the emergency department if possible. Otherwise, just take yourself.

6. Louise

I had a constant headache for 10 days that NOTHING would touch, I went to my osteopath who cracked me all over then started pummeling my stomach. He said that my liver was congested and not eliminating the toxins and that the headache was like a really bad hangover... It was exactly that!!!

After 10 mins of intensive pummeling (very uncomfortable) I felt slightly better, the next day better again and then Poof! nothing, no headache, what a relief!. I take more care of my liver by eating more realonably and since then have seriously reduced my headache days.

Can you get to see a decent osteopath? If you can, ask him to check your liver while you are there. If not it is a question that you might like to ask your doctor.

One of the problems if it is liver congestion is that the more you take pain killers the more you overload your already struggling liver so you end up in a vicious circle.

Good luck :kiss:

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Is it gone yet Hyrdogen?

8. Hydrogen

Ok, I wen't to the doctor today.

The found that my blood was thicker then it should be and my white cell count was off the charts, my veins were constricted, and my heart was chugging away at 120, higher then it should in resting condition.

It seems my body is reacting to the way my abdomen is healing (or lack of healing). Apparently I have been too active, and need to stop getting up and moving about. There is new scar tissue he is worried about and wants to keep an eye on.

He gave me a shot of something that relaxes the veins, and almost instantly the headache went away. I also got some new pills to take daily, that have the same effect.

Now the part I was not expecting, is he decided to do a full x-ray of me, and had the podiatrist look at my leg / foot area. While my leg is almost healed, my ankle is not. Apparently a pin is slipping, and will have to be re-done, along with adding another pin in the lower part of my ankle. So on 2/16 I have to go in for that surgery.
    The wort part is this now sets me back for close to a full year in recovery, and I will be required to go to an extended rehabilitation program.

I don't expect to be back at work until November now.

Just re-enforces my motto of "Nothing is as easy as it should be" (granted, it is mostly my fault for being too active)

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It sounds like you;ve got a really good doctor there. That was a thorough examination and diagnosis, with some constructive results.

It may take a year to recover, but you are still young and have a long life ahead of you, so it is worth doing everything they suggest to make as full a recovery as possible.