1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me explain this illness?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GlindaRose, Oct 8, 2012.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The last couple of days I've been feeling really strange. To be honest, I've been a bit ill anyway, which was partly brought on by going out too much last week, but I've been recovering from that and haven't gone out at all this week or drank any alcohol, so I don't think it's related to that.

A couple of nights ago I had a really crappy night's sleep. I woke up at silly in the morning feeling absolutely freezing cold. So I turned on my heater and put on a jumper and went back to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, I woke with sleep paralysis, which I do sometimes get, so I was more irritated by that than worried. However when I woke up I had this headache that I feel mostly when I move my eyes and I felt a bit dizzy on and off during the day.

I decided to take a bed day and rest in my bedroom. It was the weekend anyway so I was able to do that. But the next night (last night, that is) I also slept not particularly well - it was cold again. Anyway, I woke up this morning, feeling a bit tired but mostly okay. I decided to get up and take a shower, so I went into the bathroom, and all of a sudden I was hit with an absolutely dreadful feeling. I was sitting on the loo and started hyperventilating a bit, and my vision went purple and spotty. I think I must have passed out or something, because the next thing I knew I was lying on the bathroom floor.

So now, here I am writing this post. I feel a bit freaked out because I've never fainted before. I will explain that there are other things that may factor into this as well - for one thing, I'm menstruating, so I've been feeling hormonal over the last couple of days. And also, there has been an increase of stress in my life now that I'm back at uni in 3rd year and undertaking a lot more work than I have previously. Oh, and I still have the headache from yesterday.

I suppose my question is: What is going on with me, and what can I do about it?!?! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. itsjoanna

Well you fainting, it could be that you are menstruating. I have friends that do faint because of their period. You lose a lot of blood, so you want to keep your iron up.

About the headache, if it still hurts after for a day or two more, you may want to get that checked out. It could always just be stress. Stress plays a big role with health.

3. Pyrotactick

Well...I guess it's what you said maybe. Too much stress...or it could be your really cold....I doubt it, it's probably stress. What you could do is find something that helps you unwind. Whether it be a nice hot cup of tea (my favorite), talking to friends, walking in the park, etc...just do something....but no drinking, alcohol in this case probably leads to addiction. I'd recommend walking around after you eat a meal or so, maybe you just don't have enough exercise.

You said you also went out almost every time last week or something like that, maybe you drank too much and thus your body has gotten used to the constant alchohol and partying. I don't think it's that.
    Good luck! Hope I helped.

4. Praetor

I recommend above all going to see a doctor or other medical professional who can better answer your questions if any of these problems persist.

It could be that you're just tired, or something more serious. The symptoms you describe could be attributed to a number of things. Many of these symptoms fall under hypoglycemia for example, which means a deficiency in sugar.

What you can do in the mean time is perhaps look at when your symptoms occur the most and what your diet consists of.

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys. :slight_smile: the dizziness seems to have stopped now. I know the large amount of drinking wasn't a good thin the other week but I honestly didn't think it was so much that I would be ill for this long. I did have days inbetween where I did not drink at all and had only water, and I did limit how much I had on a couple if the nights.

Interesting that someone said that fainting could be caused by menstruation - I've never had anything like that before so if that's the reason it would be the first time. It wasn't even one of my worse periods so I don't know.

I think I will see how I feel. I feel like I'm coming to the end of this but if anything else happens I will go and see a doctor.