1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crap, I've started again

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SwordplayBoy, Oct 8, 2012.

1. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know I said I didn't think I'd cut anymore, but I did it again today. Now, the cuts are deeper, so I'm bleeding a little bit. I don't know what's wrong with me. I want to stop, but when I look in the mirror, all I can think about is how much I hate myself sometimes. It hurts just typing this, and I hate myself for cutting. I just can't stop. I thought it was over, I thought I wouldn't do it again, but I did. I'm sorry everyone. I'm still hiding the cuts, so nobody else in my family knows I ever started. I really hope I can stop soon.:bang: :tears:

2. spectrumsigner

I'm here if you ever need a friend who has been there. <3

3. Caoimhe Fayre

(*hug*)

it does no good to beat yourself up over it. it sounds like you need some support to help you stop cutting. we all need support sometimes.

is there an adult that you trust to be able to help you with this? if so, please talk to them. if not, please start considering who might be someone you could go to - a teacher, a coach, a counselor, someone trustworthy - because you will be a lot more successful with stopping if you just have some support.

also, know that you are not alone. and you do not need to hate yourself. cutting is an addiction like any other; it's genuinely hard to stop. but you can do it, if you build the right supports, find other good coping mechanisms (my counselor suggested using a rubber band and snapping it when you want to cut. I found that if, when I wanted to cut, I went and did dishes or shoveled snow or even went for a walk, the urge would pass), and keep getting back up no matter how many times you fall, one day you will be able to stop completely.

In the meantime, please just do your best to delay for as long as you can between cuts, and work on finding those supports and those other coping mechanisms that will help you.

4. Mogget

Basically what Caoimhe said.

It's very important not to beat yourself up for cutting, and, if you do beat yourself up for cutting, not to beat yourself up for beating yourself up for cutting.