1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti bodies

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Oct 10, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

Why would antibody tests for vaccines be peformed?? Are they done normally? I recently got my hpv vaccine and was wondering if this was part of a follow up or whatnot.

2. TraceElement

I know that some people need to get the antibody test done if their records don't show if they got a vaccine... like someone older might need a test to see if there are antibodies for rhubella in their system... if not they would need that shot.
    But, for a routine fallow up, I'm not sure. KB will probably stop in and explain things better than I did.

3. Tiny Catastrophe

They generally do an antibody test to see if you need a vaccination. Vaccines are given so your body will produce antibodies for certain illnesses but if your body already has those antibodies than the vaccine isn't usually necessary.

4. alwayshope11

Ok I was jw cuz I got the first hpv vaccine and have to go for my second this weekend. I've been stressed cuz of work an anxious about coming out and other things, and I got anxious that maybe the vaccine wouldn't take cuz of this or other reasons...and if I was protected/need to get it again..which probably isn't allowed anyway. Ugh

5. alwayshope11

Thanks! Yea we'll see what kb says but this is my OCD talking haha..can't wait to try a new medicine

6. alwayshope11

Also if you have a sore throat is it still ok to get the vaccine or should ya wait? It's been two months since my first shot