1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleach in your voice box?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fiender, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Fiender

I saw this in a movie (So take it with a grain of salt, I understand what complete nonsense this might be). The villain injected bleach into their prisoner's voice box to prevent him from screaming and It made me wonder what effect bleach in the voicebox would really have.

Would it really disable the person's speaking? If so, would it be permanent?
    Would the bleach actually leak out of the voicebox and do damage to other parts of the neck/body?

2. everett

I believe... its an acid and more likely will just kill or severely harm ones system. Not sure honestly....

3. TraceElement

Bleach is a poison if ingested, so I'm pretty sure it will do harm to the whole system, not just the voice box.

4. HatterMad

I looked it up and just found out...there was a real serial who went after guys..and he woudl inject drain cleaner into their voice boxes so they coudn't scream... :frowning2:

Oh the things I wish I dind't know. :eek:

5. KaraBulut

It's a bit of an outlandish scenario. Bleach is alkaline, with a pH not too far from drain cleaner. It does cause burns. However, in this scenario, if it damaged the vocal cords, it will also damage the lungs.

6. alwayshope11