1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plantar warts

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Oct 12, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

So I have a plantar wart under my toe..my doc told me I could try a freeze off thing or see a podiatrist. I tried the freeze off thing once it didn't fully work so I'm gonna try it again...I've had the wart for a while..maybe a year or more...I read that plantar warts can become cancerous over time..is this true and should I be ok if it comes of with the freeze off??

2. Gallatin

I don't profess to having any great medical knowledge, but I don't believe the strains of HPV that cause plantar warts are carcinogenic. I've had a few plantar warts before. One went away within a few months; the other stuck around a good year or two before it went away.

Wikipedia has a list of common treatments.

3. davidroberts

plantar warts are usually benign and are not a cancer unless there is sudden increase in size and development of ulcers etc. you can get it removed with cryotherepy at any of the dermat clinics but may require 3-4 sittings and even the electrotherepy is good, single sitting it will be gone. U cnt freeze it yourself it requires a very low temp to do cryotherepy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. alwayshope11

So I'm assuming regular warts aren't cancer either?

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. alwayshope11

Ok who knows what I read then lol

7. wandering i

I had at least one of these on the bottom of my foot as a child. The doctor held a Qtip or something that had been in dry ice to it for less than a minute and I believe the thing went away soon after. My memories are a little fuzzy, but it was by no means a traumatic event and may be the simplest solution if you're worried.

8. alwayshope11

So I still have this plantar wart. I recently tried a Freeze Off so we will see how that works... but I was reading on Wikipedia about warts, and how they are caused by hpv or whatever, and how the types that cause warts arent high risk. They listed (under causes) the high rick types and the types that cause plantar warts, and type 58 was in both lists...is this a mistake or can plantar warts be a dangerous hpv?

Wart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, if you develop regular old warts, are you more likely to have complications with the high risk types of hpv?