1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best way to treat pure-ocd

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bubblyhappy, Oct 13, 2012.

1. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I have ocd since I was little and it gets worse when I'm stressed. I have pure-ocd and when there is a negative thought I get anxious.

Should I just ignore any negative thoughts.
    pure ocd, I don't do compulsions, these are irritating because I can't get them off my mind. I always focus on the past tracing steps.

my doctor said I should meditate more. medication will not help because I get sick from it nausea.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi.

EC isn't a forum for mental health issues, and even though we have licensed staff, it would be irresponsible to diagnose or offer treatment over a web-based forum.

I would suggest you talk in more detail with your doctor. There is more than one medication for OCD, so your doctor may be able to try others, or combine a medication with something to reduce the nausea (which also tends to go away after a few days as your body gets used to it.) If you are seeing a psychiatrist, you might want to also make an appointment with a psychologist, as there are a number of behavioral things you can do that will help, and it sounds like your doctor has already encouraged that.

3. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

thanks chip. I'll see my doctor for alternate ways for treatment.

4. alwayshope11

My doc recommended meditation as well but i just don't have the patience for it lol...journaling helps me a bit