1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicidal Without Depression?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kiazt, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Kiazt

Kiazt Guest

Out of curiosity, is it possible to be suicidal without being depressed?

I know that other people have attempted or committed suicide without depression because of other mental conditions (e.g. schizophrenia) or to avoid punishment, torture, etc., but to be suicidal is quite different.

2. shorty99

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is your question can you be suicidal with no other mental illness?

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I used to be, so I can say it's definitely possible. In my case, it was largely anxiety that was causing my suicidal impulses. I never attempted it, thankfully, but they were definitely there. Although in my case, the presence of those impulses did cause me some level of depression, but the depression came about as a result of the suicidal impulses, not the other way around.

4. FunnyMonkey

When I attempted suicide I was about 12/ I wasn't really depressed more feeling unloved in a dysfunctional family and yell all the time. and just want out. But thank god
    I could not do it.
    But I do think you can suicidal without being depressed.

5. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I see a lot of people who are suicidal but not depressed!!! some of them likes high speed, some of them likes climbing or other extremes! and they are so happy with such death's plays! when I was 17 I was so close to commit suicide only because I was so interested in death... I'm not psycho, that was my experience and that's all