1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems sleeping/scared to go to sleep...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by rainbowbear, Oct 14, 2012.

1. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

I'm pretty positive this goes here and if I'm wrong, please forgive me. Anyway, for the past several days, nearing a week, I haven't been sleeping well lately, plus I've been having nightmares (barely remember most except the most recent ones and all are related to things I've never experienced) and I'm just mentally and physically exhausted. No, I don't watch or read or play anything t before igo to bed that would cause it. I'm not sure what to do and I'm somewhat scared of going back to sleep due to the nightmares and less than restful sleep... What can I do to sleep better and makes the nightmares go away? :help: Also, I'm not sure if this helps any, but when I was a lot younger I had night terrors.

2. ameliawesome

I have trouble falling asleep and I think it's mostly because I have a very active imagination. My dreams probably count as nightmares, but I think they're fun so I'm anxious to get to sleep. Maybe I'm just too excited to dream and can't relax lol. My sister's boyfriend/babydaddy has night terrors, I'm not sure there's much that can be done about that. He has done sleep study stuff, so if you are concerned about what your brain is doing while you sleep maybe you could look into having a sleep study done. Other than that, you could try meditation before bed to settle your brain. If you can't stop having stressful nightmares then you could try some lucid dreaming techniques, or look at nightmares in a more positive way (like how I think mine are exciting and fun).

3. prism

If the nightmares and restlessness have started within the past few days, something may have changed in your routine/diet.

Can you think of anything has changed? Did you eat anything out of the ordinary, or begin taking medication?

4. Chrissouth53

What do you eat for dinner? When I eat things like onions, peppers, salsa, etc... I can guarantee that I will have some strange dreams.

5. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

Thanks everyone, I honestly have no clue what it was that was making me have the nightmares (nothing changed in diet or anything I ate or anything really), but I'm no longer having them. o-o In fact, I've been sleeping pretty well recently.

6. chelshy

Have you changed the temperature? Being to cold or hot while asleep can lead to odd dream. About a year ago i started keeping it super cold while asleep and I started having terribl dreams about serial killers coming after me. Or me hunting them down and tryin gto arest them only to have them turn on me. I started making it warmer the dreams ended.