1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fittyfitFIT

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dictionary, Feb 5, 2008.

1. dictionary

hmmm ...

Im like semi fit like im not like extreemly unfit im like modaratly fit and i want to get more fit... how should i do this?

Jogging?
    Spriting?
    Running?

2. Vampyrecat

okay. Just so you know, if you Jog for 1 km, you're still going to burn the same amount of calories, so vary it just so you don't get bored or anything.
    They usually have classes in the gym for things like this.
    Personally, if you want to get fit, I would reccommend that you take up swimming. Swimming is one of the ONLY sports that uses every single muscle in your body, so I guess that'd be the go. :slight_smile:
    Hope this helps.

3. waitingsucks

I think Jogging is best to slowly improve you fitness and keep fit. Unless you already do running as such it's best just to do exercise that gets your heart-rate up without putting to much strain on yourself. I went to the gym twice a week and did a 20 minute warm-up on bike and treadmill and that greatly improved my fitness.

Just try be active, it doesn't matter what you do to work up a sweat just don't go from hardly any exercise to sprinting regulary, it's not good.

4. CrimsonThunder

How many times do you need to write fit... You ruined the word!

Im just going to go have a fit. >_>

Weights.

5. jockboy01

Depends on your personal goals. If you just want to get in good health, then the type of exercise doesn't really matter. Just get to 80% of your maximum heart rate (your max is 205 at age 15.... so 80% would be about 165 beats per minute) about four times a week for about a half hour at a time. How you do that is up to you.... I prefer things I enjoy b/c then I actually do them.

6. s5m1

Improving your fitness involves a number of different areas. You should include aerobic activities, which include jogging, running, bicycling, swimming, etc. Start out slow and build up your endurance. If you want to run, begin with walking. After a period of time, you can move to jogging, and eventually you can increase your speed and distance. Aerobic activity will improve your cardiovascular conditioning and also burn fat.

In addition to cardio, you should also be doing strength training (weights) as well. This will increase your muscle mass and strengthen your bones. As you add muscle mass, your metabolism will increase, so you will burn more fat when at rest.

If your gal is to increase your overall fitness, you should do both cardio and weights. There are many websites which can give you some guidance if you do some Google searches. Lastly, make sure you warm up first with some light activity and then stretch after exercise. Even at your age, warming up first and stretching afterward is crucial to avoid injury.