1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My eyes. :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheUndiscovered, Oct 21, 2012.

1. TheUndiscovered

My whole life I have had some eye problems. I was born with strabismus (googly eyes) that was fixed with some therapy to make my eye stronger but I can feel my eye's strength gradually decreasing. I get lazy eyes a lot easier now especially whenever I have to close my eye in the sunlight. I also suffer from decreasing sight, I've been having to switch eyes a lot because my sight is always getting worse every few months or after a year or so. I have begun to feel yet again another decline in my sight recently but this year I have been wearing contacts. I feel that eventually my sight will get bad enough that I will end up going back to glasses because contacts won't be strong enough to support my eyes. :icon_sad:

Has anyone else gone through this / do you guys know if there comes a point when your sight is so bad you have to have glasses?

2. i wear glasses 24/7 have since i was 2 or 3.

i havent ever asked about contacts because they are more expensive than glasses (for me), where as if i keep my glasses my prescription may change but my lenses might only be £30 or something, but with contacts id have to buy new pairs every few months/years depending on what package i chose even if my prescription didnt change XD

i dont even know if my prescription is avalible in contacts cuz its really complex :s

i would ask your optician.
    from what i have known (which is very little lol) i always thought contacts were for single vision prescriptions. i could be wrong though.

wearing glasses isnt the end of the world and it could save you a lot of money in the long run :slight_smile:

3. TheUndiscovered

I've worn glasses since last year..It won't be so bad going back but I don't miss them, that's for sure! lol..One of the reasons why I never got contacts is because my eyes are changing too much. Guess I should've waited.

4. Jared

I've worn glasses since I was seven. Right now my eyes are so bad that if I take my glasses off I can't see anything more than about 4 inches in front of my face, I just see blobs of color. I started wearing contacts about a year and half ago and I really like them, since I can see a lot better with them. Since my eyes are so bad, my glass make everything look at lot smaller than it really is and make my eyes look tiny. I'm pretty sure though that if my eyes get much worse I won't be able to get contacts, at least at a decent price, since I'm close to the upper limit of what most companies make.

5. alwayshope11

I have kerataconis...it sucks :frowning2:

6. aeva

I've worn glasses since 5th grade and contacts since 9th. I love my contacts...sometimes a little too much, because I end up sleeping in them a lot, and then getting corneal ulcers.

I'm with cornella- if I don't have my contacts in/glasses on, I can only see about 6 inches in front of my face, then everything goes blurry. My vision has definitely decreased over the years, although I feel like the pace is slowing down somewhat. I don't know how old you are, but I have been told that your vision generally does even out at some point, and won't change much from year to year.