1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser hair removal

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zontar, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Zontar

An MtF very close to me is considering laser hair removal.

What is the expected cost of such a procedure? Any accreditation or something else she should look for? Should she trust a place that offers a $300 coupon? =s

2. Valarie

Valarie Guest

it depends on the place, she should try to find someone who went there before and will recommend it

I tried electrolysis first, but that was more painful, longer heal time and takes a lot longer, though probably costs about the same in the end
    i was recommended to go to medspa 1064 by another trans-female that i met at PFLAG
    they have % off specials and referral specials so, yeah
    also make sure it is the newer version of laser hair removal, i think long wave ???
    only have done my first session so far, but the results of people that i know from the meetings have awesome results ^.^

oh, does she have light skin and dark hair, works the best on that contrast, doesnt work on white or light blond hair ..

hope this helps a bit

3. DhammaGamer

I had $125 a visit. $300 is top end expensive. Make sure you get a good technitian.

If you have dark hair then get laser first to get rid of the shadow and slow hair growth. Then start electrolysis asap. Electrolysis is the time-consuming and expensive part. I stopped laser after 8 sessions cuz it was basically no longer effective.