1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heart issue need answers NOW!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Alexander69, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Alexander69

Ok so I'm a hypochondriac really bad but I heard about athletes dying of enlarged hearts and I have been on diets now and working out harder then ever before I'm not over weight but I'm scared. When I'm done working out I feel weak and faint and when I start to fall asleep my heart races like crazy and I wake up immediately. My heart rate is good but the more I think about it the more I feel stuff I'm so scared I want to cry I've been having a hard time sleeping also so I don't know if this has to do with bot sleeping well but I also have bad anxiety so I get y self in a panic. I'm always at the doctors and I know they don't take me seriously. I'm so scared I start to get out of breath from panicking and then I feel like it has to do with my heart! Pleas I need help and I need someone to help calm me down. I should also mention I posted a thread before here about my perineum muscle ( I believe) spasms when I touch my right shoulders pressure point (the muscle being the one between the scrotum and butt) I don't know what's wrong with me I'm a super healthy person and I'm so scared :frowning2: please help me or calm me down I'm freaking out that my hands are going numb because I'm almost hypoventalating :'( omgggg

2. Amicus

Hello Alexander,

Before you read any further, close your eyes and take a deep breath. Relax.

None of what I say can substitute for medical advice. None of us can figure out what's wrong with you via Internet, so even if you think they won't take you seriously, you should see a doctor to discuss these incidents---they'll be able to listen to your heart and see if anything unusual is going on. But it sounds to me like this is triggered more by your anxiety than anything else, especially if your heart rate isn't seriously out of whack. Excessive anxiety can make you have trouble breathing and cause your heart to race. Have you noticed any heart problems outside of when you feel anxious?

You're most likely feeling faint after working out because you are not eating enough. The diet you've been pursuing is not enough to meet your normal daily energy needs, let alone the demands of vigorous exercise. You should know that even if you aren't having heart problems now, if you continue to restrict your food intake and exercise excessively, you very well could develop a heart condition because your body is drawing on your heart muscles as a source of energy.

Have you looked into seeing a counselor at all? I think this could help you normalize your eating patterns and get your anxiety in order.

In the meantime, listen to some relaxing music. Take some deep breaths.

3. saosin13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i agree with the dude above me i mean ive had like all of the same problems you listed above and im fine but if you r really worried u should see a doctor

4. Alexander69

I'm better now I have such bad anxiety attacks where I literaly pass out. And it's worse now that I'm stressed out. :frowning2: I just want to cry

5. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't worry too much about the athletes dying of enlarged hearts.. that's almost always professional athletes whose whole life revolves around sports and exercizing.
    A couple of months ago my doctor told me I have a slightly enlarged heart (I can imagine the athletes you're talking about's hearts are more enlarged), and back then I ran 8 miles at quite a high speed four times a week, had soccer practice/a game three or four times a week, and did a very intensive workout every day at the gym. You really have to excersice *a lot* for your heart to get enlarged.

And even if it is, you'll most likely be fine.

I agree with Amicus. Feeling faint most likely has to do with your diet.
    As for the racing heart/feeling your heart, that's probably caused by your own panick. The moment you think you feel something and/or you think something is wrong, you panick a little bit, increasing your heart rhythm, making you panick even more, and so on..

I wouldn't worry about it too much, and if you keep having it and you want to know for sure, you can always go and see your doctor to have him put your mind at ease.