1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loosing weight

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by shy, Oct 27, 2012.

1. shy

shy

well, my problem is not just the common thing about *how do I loos weight*... it's the absolute opposite actually.
    I lost almost all appetite lately and my bmi is now at 18.8, shrinking tendences. I'm not someone who would just not eat to loose weight, I'm rather devoted to eating. Or I was at least.
    Now, everytime I see or smell food I get sick and when I ate something I just want to throw up to make this strange feeling in my belly stop. Any advice?

2. Ticklish Fish

are you getting enough exercise/fluid/essential minerals/sleep lately? (just talking about the vomiting, and not the lose weight)

3. shy

shy

I got "motilium" (sth that makes me not vomiting) so yeah, kinda. I take some vitamines and minerals to get my essentials.
    I couldn't do any excercises for the last 5 months due to injury but I restarted them 3 weeks ago. (only light jogging)
    About sleep: well, I can't sleep very well. It has rather become a cheap caffeine substitute than otherwise.

4. Ticklish Fish

do you drink enough water to stay hydrate? I feel like you should fix the vomiting/ appetite thing before trying to lose weight...

5. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the OP means he has been losing weight without wanting to.

The nausea/loss of appetite beyond a few days could very well be caused by some medical condition, I'd say go see a doctor with your list of symptoms, he/she will know what kind of tests to check things out.

6. shy

shy

That's the point. I don't really want to (nor should I) loose weight what isn't too easy when I feel sick everytime I see or smell food.

7. starfish

I suggest consulting a doctor.

8. whitwhit82

I agree with the others. Go see a doctor to get things checked out. :slight_smile:

9. shy

shy

I've been to a doc and to a therapist by now. I'll get medication to block the center for sickness. They also said I don't need to eat a lot but if I don't eat a lot I should see that I get enough energy. I just bought some *Nutella* :grin:

10. Valarie

Valarie Guest

yeah, i guess i have a similar problem, but not as bad
    though i eat so much food, though my weight is steady
    whenever i go out to eat i spend at least $40 >.<
    i use to be a long distance runner, but i always get hungry during and after running
    and feel weak afterwords
    always think of food ... kind of like kid Goku -.-

but something closer to you
    one of my friends does have that condition, she needs to eat a lot and if she doesn't she will get unhealthy thin
    needs to keep energy packed foods on her just in case she needs emergency energy