1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no emotions

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kat kanu, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Kat kanu

ok first im not sure if this goes in heath or advice but i have no emotion or thats what im told and how i feel like right now my sister in law is crying because she sad that her husband isnt coming back from ait till christmas and i dont know how to feel. ive never missed anyone. ive never cried at a funeral not even my grandpas. i dont understand love and im afraid it will mess up any relationships i may have. i grew up not showing emotion so now i fear there are really gone i have cried three times once when i was really mad and i couldnt hit anything, second when my puppy was killed by the neighbors dog, and third when my innocents was stolen, and thats over a 12 year span. i really do want to give someone all of me but im not sure how. im considerate of others feeling i just do understand them. oh and on a side note im not dishonest and im faithful. can someone please tell me whats wrong with me i dont understand. :shrug:

thank you

2. AAASAS

Your not psychopathic because you cried over your dogs death.

Perhaps you are just more indifferent to others. There is nothing wrong with that.

Be happy you don't feel for others as much( a lot of males experience rage rather than sadness). It isn't a bad trait, it means you just aren't a sucker.

I on the other hand feel bad for people so much it's almost insulting, I don't like seeing anyone in an uncomfortable situation, or upset, and I MEAN ANYONE. And it is basically a curse because I find myself getting all depressed about others when I see someone in a difficult situation. I've cried thinking about peoples situations before, because I understand whats going on.

It's not a good thing, constantly feeling bad for people. Everyone has their problems, it's better to stick to your own.

You are normal. You are just indifferent, not everyone can be super sympathetic, and take it from an OVERTLYsympathetic person you do not want to be. You end up feeling like shit all the time.

3. PicketFences

I don't think I will be much help advice wise but I know exactly how you are feeling. I have also never been good at showing emotion ever since I was little. I guess I used to feel things quite a bit but I would never let them show.

On my part I feel that there are a couple of reasons for that
    1) I am just no an extremely emotional person, and I am fine with that, and you should be too. To be honest I would rather be this way then fly of the handle and get upset or angry at little things.
    2) I have spent so long keeping all my feelings inside due to being gay, and being attracted to a women I could never express my feelings about, that I feel as though it went from suppressing those feelings to just not feeling anymore, so often I just feel like I am numb.

I don't know if this is the case for you but if it is then as hard as it is I do recommend talking to someone about what is on you mind, even if it is just day to day issues. I did this with my high school guidance counselor and it made me a lot more in touch with my emotions again. Even though that often resulted in my crying myself to sleep at night because most of what I was feeling was pain at least I was feeling something. After I finished high school I found that I didn't have anyone to talk to anymore and I closed up again and even though it hurt so much I do miss feeling something just so I don't feel as empty as I do know.

And I also have the same concerns as you about wanting to give everything to a person I am in a relationship with but not being sure I can do it. I have no idea how to go about that since it would first require a relationship which is not likely anytime soon, but I am guessing it would involve taking thing slowly and forcing myself to try to get past the barriers of not sharing emotions one at a time. Also explaining to them the difficulties I have with emotions would be needed, and that in itself would be difficult.

Sorry for the length of this, I think I got a little carried away, and I din't really offer that much advice but I might as well post it anyway.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you remember always being like that? One part of your post jumps out to me - you refer to having your innocence stolen, you certainly don't have to go into further details here but if you haven't already, you may want to consider some counseling for what happened and help you move beyond the event. The two may be related, and a professional will have the tools and know-how to help you with that.

5. Kat kanu

i have moved on from that ive never talked to anyone because i hate talking about myself

i do want to thank everyone that has posted on this tread you made me feel much better