1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of Depression

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheLovelyAudrey, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Maybe I'm just Scared over nothing.
    But my Parents have struggled with depression and people who have family members with depression are more likely to contract it am I wrong? not to mention they are also socially Isolated.I just find myself worrying sometimes that I may grow up to be like them in that way.

Am I just worrying over nothing? or something else?

2. nwonderlad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think depression is not genetic, is it? I think it depends whether you are comfortable within the society you live in or not. Are you happy where you live?

3. I normally am alright with where I love sometimes I fear it is Anti-gay but other than that there is loads of happiness to be found.

4. teluphone

From what i understand, Depression can run in the family (genetically) but a number of other factors as well can contribute to depression such as stress, social anxiety etc.

Whenever i feel depressed, i do take some time to cool off and spend some time by myself (away from friends and family member) to relieve myself from all my worries and stress.

5. Suffocation

It is the worst thing possible. Its like a fucking never ending nightmare. Just be glad you aren't, because if it is a genetic thing then it means nothing, besides the fact that you are just chemically messed up.

6. are you doing alright?
    and yeah I know.