1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrible experience....

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Austin, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last night it all started with a bad stomach ache. I decided to go to bed because I thought it may feel better after I woke up and I needed to get homework done so I didn't want to waste time. When I finally got to bed my body started getting really uncontrollably shakey. I felt really cold!! I couldn't even sleep because of it. So, maybe stupidly, I took a very hot bath because it was the only thing that would stop te shaking. Along with the shaking my muscles felt still and weak, my skin felt almost slightly painful to run my hang along it and walking around I felt dizzy and weird. After my bath I went to bed and I was very hot (prolly stupid to take such a hot bath I wonder if I overheated my body)... But eventually with adjusting my blankets and such I felt better. I kept waking up all night and my head hurt so bad every time I rolled over and moved it. The most concerning part was around 6 AM I woke up and my head just hurt soo bad I got 2 motrins (400 mg ibuprofen), and just moving around made my head throb like crazy! Every time I moved my head would start throbbing and it was so painful! My shakiness is gone but I still have the headache I think. Ill find out when I move around... But anyone know what this is? It has happened maybe 2 or 3 other times in the last 2 years, but I don't remember the headache being this bad. And I always think I'm getting sick or getting the flu or something but it only lasts like a day...

Edit: Ill add that I went grocery shopping earlier that day and started feeling dizzy a little bit and hungry so I came home and ate some food and then I had dinner an it was a little after dinner that the whole thing started.

#1 Austin, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Ok so my thoughts on what has been mentioned -

- Were you drinking on any of these occasions? As the dehydration would explain the headache and sugar crashes are quite common with some drinks.
    - Have you got low blood pressure? It's not uncommon for low blood pressure to cause dizziness.
    - Do you have any allergies? Allergic reactions can definitely cause such symptoms.
    - May seem an obvious question, but do you have diabetes? Pretty self explanatory if you do.
    - Do you have anemia? Less red blood cells means lower aerobic and anaerobic respiration rates due to slower glucose and oxygen transfer. If cells don't have energy then shivering can occur. It usually causes lower blood pressure too, which could explain both dizziness and shivering.

If none of the above then it may be just be something like the flu/fever. I believe that constipation and internal bleeding can also cause such shivering, although it's probably not the latter.

Would probably have to check with KaraBulut, but I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't do things to make you hot when you know you should feel hot. While the receptors in the brain can be faulty during various illnesses, it certainly wouldn't be good to overheat the body's core temperature.

Not much I can think of other than those. It would never hurt to go to your GP and check your blood pressure and blood sugar levels though.

3. Snowball

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds really pain full! I agree with Zaio that allergic reactions can cause your symptoms. You told you have had same symptoms 2 or 3 times earlier, and it lasts one day.

I think one possibility is migraine. All your symptoms are possible. My sister have a bad migraine without flash of lights. She feels really cold and sometimes can´t move the other side of her body, and after those symptoms starts head ache.

Here is one link you can read the symptoms of migraine

Migraine - Symptoms - NHS Choices

I think you have to talk to Kara, he knows so much better.

4. shy

shy

My first guess was also migraine or dihydration with a sugar crash. I doupt it's low blood pressure since I have it myself and it takes a lot to cause a headache.

My further questions would be what exactly did you eat (like food that is known to be risky due to salmonella etc...)? A headache can also be caused by bad digestion, dehydration can be caused by food (more exactly by water resorption due to salt gradient).

Do you take any medication which could in any case cause this symptoms as side effects?

If your headache becomes regular you should see a doctor about it. Ibuprofene is rather harmful to several organs and can be reduced by other painkillers (in my case I had to combine it with paracetamol, but no self treating on mixed painkillers!)

Get well soon

5. Eleanor Rigby

I have no idea what this could be, but that sounds serious and painful enough to ask a doctor about this don't you think ? Especially if this isn't the first time it happened.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the responses! I'll probably see a doctor sometime and ask him. I was back to normal like a day or two later (whatever normal is...). I did have mahi mahi fish for the first time cuz it was on sale (getting ready to expire) and my dad convinced me to try it. (It's a medium mercury fish so I'd normally stay away from it probably.) Anyways, other than that, the zucchini from my garden tasted funny. My dad didn't wash it >.> and it was one that wasn't fully pollinated so only have of it formed so the other end was kinda shriveled up and gross but he cut that off. Those are the only potential food poisoning things I could think of. I only ate a few zucchini - my dad ate all of his despite the weird taste, and we both had the fish. He didn't get sick at all so idk! My older brother also had some fish (no veggies) and he didn't get sick.

So yea, idk.

7. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Based on the way that fruits form (biologically speaking) there should be absolutely no problem in eating a premature zucchini, the only thing that may have been off would be the taste. However, that doesn't exclude possible dangerous bacteria that is a present risk in all fruits in nature.

Generally food expiration date labels are set before the food actually expires, to make sure that the food is still very safe on the expiration date. However, as foods become closer to expiration the cells can change in various ways, so it's possible that the fish caused it, I am unfamiliar with the type of fish mentioned so I cannot give a definite answer.

Your symptoms are not that of food poisoning anyway. Generally with food poisoning all you'll get is nausea and get sleepy. It's likely that it's just coincidence that these other things occurred at the same time.

Glad to hear you're fine now. Based on the time it took you to recover it was probably just the flu, pretty common this time of year.

All the best.