1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

normal symptoms of cocaine

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kso1995, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Kso1995

After snorting some cocaine last week, my nose has been super dry ever since and they bleed frequently. Is this normal? Oh and after snorting the cocaine my nose went numb for a couple hours. Is that normal also?

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Cocaine greatly irritates the nose, as well as making it become dry due to absorbing the mucus and oils in the nose.

If crystals aren't crushed up into perfectly fine powder, then miniature crystal shards will cut your nose as you snort.

If your wish is to get rid of the coke nose then there isn't much you can do, if there is a next time, then make sure to either use a nasal spray or rinse any remaining coke out of your nose after. As long as the nasal passages are free of coke and remain hydrated the coke nose shouldn't be as bad.

But seeing as this is a support forum I'd feel bad without saying you should just not do coke...

All the best.

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ yeah, pretty much that.

Except, it doesn't really matter how you cut it -- apart from being a little more comfortable to snort --, because as far as I know it's the chemicals that cause the pain and nose bleeding. It's nothing to worry about, though, it'll go away on its own. Only thing you can do is not snort anything for a while again.

I also agree with Zaio on not doing coke. I'm not against drugs at all, but I'd be really hesitant to try coke as I know how easy it is to get obsessed with it. So, yeah.. just don't use it at all -- problem solved. :icon_wink

4. KaraBulut

Cocaine used to be used as a local anesthetic for surgical procedures because it does numb the nerve endings- particularly in the mouth, nose and throat. Unfortunately, it also irritates and erodes the skin, so it is seldom used as an anesthetic. Newer medications like novocaine, benzocaine and lidocaine are safer and don't have the potential for abuse.

The term "normal" is relative here, though. The effects and the problems that you've described are typical however the snorting of cocaine would probably not be described as "normal". The dryness, numbness and bleeding are probably signs that you shouldn't be doing it.

5. ameliawesome

that is totally common, it is apparently an accepted risk for cocaine users, and it is honestly the only reason why i would never snort cocaine. i have enough sinus issues, i do not need nosebleeds.