1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-Depressants...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Toaddy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Toaddy

About four months ago my new doctor put me on a low dose of anti-depressants to "help prevent chronic migraines and cure my insomnia." I, being wary of the fact that a small pill dubbed an anti-depressant could do all that, told my doctor i would only try it for a few months to see if it actually worked. To my surprise, they did work. Only just a few weeks ago my migraines returned and I'm having troubles sleeping again. I was just wondering if it was the actual medication or something else causing this. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

No, I've never taken anti- depressants.

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know about the migraine, but I had trouble falling asleep as well when I was on anti depressants.

I think it's also quite common for anti depressants to work well for a while, and then stop working or cause other symptoms.. that's what happened in my case too.

You might wanna go to your doctor and explain -- (s)he can give you another type of medication if (s)he thinks that's necessary.

4. Eleanor Rigby

I don't understand if you're still taking anti-depressant and they stopped working, or if your migraines and troubles sleeping came back when you stopped taking them.

5. Sweet Witch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You should go back and talk to your doctor. The dosage might not be enough especially since you're probably on the bare minimum dosage starting out. But definately talk to your doctor before taking more.

6. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been on several antidepressants and they all affected my sleep, so it's quite normal. But I'd go back to your doctor and ask if you could try another instead to see if it has the same effect.

7. Zephygal

It's possible to build up a tolerance to medicine. So it may be time to go back to doc to have him/her adjust your dosage.