1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Nightmare Effect...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by cutieboy201, Nov 5, 2012.

1. cutieboy201

This scares me badly :frowning2: When i have a nightmare and in the dream i get stabbed or hurt badly i wake up with sharp pains in the spot where i got hurt in the dream.... but when i check the spot theres nothing there! Am i crazy?

2. ameliawesome

you're not crazy. sorry that you're having such painful dreams, though! maybe your body starts hurting while you're asleep and your brain translates the pain into a violent dream. like maybe your dream isn't causing your pain, your pain is causing your dream. at least that makes more sense, right? are most of the pains in the same parts of your body, like mostly your gut or your head?

3. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your painful dreams. :frowning2: Don't worry, you're not crazy. It can one of two things, or a mixture of both.

a. Your dream is caused by the pain and you have the pain already. Sometime while you're sleeping or right before you're asleep, something starts to hurt and that carries on into the dream. Start thinking about the patters that go with the dreams and the pain. Where did you get hurt, what did you do that day that could cause pain, did you hurt in that place before, how often do you hurt there. Those are the things to start thinking about.

Or....

b. When you wake up from the dream, your brain senses and still remembers the pain in the dream and carries through to when your awake meaning your pain is from the dream. If that's the case, you should really think about what causes the nightmares and what to do so you can stop them.

Hope I helped somewhat! :goodluck: with finding out what's wrong and I hope it stops bothering soon!

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Are you eating before you sleep? If metabolism is increased then brain activity will be too.

When the body shuts down for sleep, generally you want to be as inactive as possible. The more active you are, the more conscious you are.

As others have said, it's possible this stems from a physical pain. If your body is in pain, then it will manifest as a nightmare in order to wake you up so you can deal with whatever is wrong. The same applies to sleep paralysis and the restricted breathing.

If you don't ever get these pains in the day and there is nothing physically wrong with you, then that's a different case.

I'm actually rather interested in these types of things. The body can react unconsciously the same as it would consciously if there is enough brain activity. An example is when people scream out loud due to a nightmare. I've always wondered if it's possible to die in such a way, but I think the body would probably force you to wake up then realize nothing's wrong.

Anyway, back to your problem. Check your bed for any sharp objects, sometimes when I lay funny on my mattress there can be a pressured pain, if that pain were to go on for an extended period of time it would hurt quite a lot for a longer time.

All the best.