1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muscle Spasm

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dodonnas, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I've had this muscle spasm in my left knee, where the disk sits on the joint that tends to just...the best way I can explain it is it beats like a heart.

It's not painful but it is annoying and if I am walking when it happens it kinda throws me off.

I've asked a few people what they think it might be and I am being told it has to do with my recent weightlifting and exercise routine I engage in almost daily.

The problem is I've had this spasm for years and never thought much about it until all this weightlifting, because now it's happening so frequently it's driving me mad.

Should I be concerned? Can I do anything to at least make it less frequent?

2. MannyNash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should be concerned. Have you tried webMD.com?

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not felt that in my knee, but occasionally I get a twitch in my neck or shoulder. When I used to be on ritalin, I'd always end up with a chill down my spine shortly after taking it. If it's really bothering you, see a doc. If it's not, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

4. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I've checked online yes...and so far it hasn't gotten my anywhere.

I think I actually will go to the doctor I mean it may be nothing but it is driving me up a wall. Just need to save the cash for it now! :frowning2:

Thanks for advice.