1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skin problem

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GlindaRose, Nov 8, 2012.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I generally have very clear skin. However, yesterday I woke up in the morning and the skin on one side of my cheek had started to go red and was itching a bit. Today I looked in the mirror and found out it has now happened to both cheeks. It is also a bit swollen and itches more. The skin is still smooth though. I thought that I had maybe been bitten by something, but on both cheeks? So now I'm wondering if my skin's reacted to something.

Does anyone know what this might be, or know of anything that I can/should do about it? I've temporarily covered it up with concealer as I don't want to go around with a red face, but I don't know if that might make it worse and I don't want to keep doing it.

Thanks!

EDIT: For reference, I haven't changed my skin routine recently (recently being that the last time I changed something was 2 months ago). I also don't wear a lot of foundation or facial make-up as I don't usually need to.

#1 GlindaRose, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. KaraBulut

And you're sure that it is a breakout and not a rash (i.e. an allergic rash)?

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure to be honest. I'm sort of thinking it might be either dermatitis or an allergic reaction. But if it's an allergic reaction I have no idea what to. :S