1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice change surgery?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RainDreamer, Nov 8, 2012.

1. RainDreamer

Well, I have been seriously considering this after I get my HRT or SRS, and I always thought that I rather be mute than having to have this voice. Though a friend of mine says I shouldn't do it and it would mess up my voice and I would waste my money, instead, I should only need some practices to train my voice to be more feminine (I do plan to do this after surgery too to ensure 100% voice feminization ). So...for anyone who doesn't use surgery to change voice, what did you do to feminize your voice? Any tip/guide? And how do you find your voice after?

2. DhammaGamer

My voice is perfect and I did not need surgery. Surgery is risky and expensive, and I think its is completely unnecessary. People who put in the time and effort with their voice training can and will develop a feminine resonance.

Voice Tutor | Genderlife

There are lots of resources online that can assist you in understanding how the voice works and the exercises you can do to improve your voice quickly and effectively. The surgery doesn't even alter resonance at all. It just permanently alters pitch and can leave you mute or make your voice unnatural sounding. You already have all the physical means necessary for a feminine voice.

3. J Snow

With a little research on google and youtube you can find lots of voice training programs. I strongly recommend against voice surgery though, as its dangerous, and not that effective from my understanding. You still need to train your voice even with the surgery, all it really does is make you start from square one. The way its been described to me makes it sound like the concept behind it is like breaking your legs so that you can get better at using a wheel chair, its an extreme solution to a problem you can fix without it.