1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite exercise/gym equipment?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chickzak, Nov 9, 2012.

?

Whats your favourite exercise equipment?

1. Elliptical Trainer

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. Treadmill

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. Exercise Bike

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Chickzak

:lol: I know this is a random question, but I'm curious. Besides weights for body-builders, what's your favourite piece of (main) gym equiptment? Feel free to add comments or your answers not already mentioned in the poll :icon_bigg

2. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

The exercise bike, I feel like I get to be lazy because I'm sitting on my rear, but I manage to push myself hard enough I sweat like a pig.

A couple years back I swear I lost 40lbs simply by getting on one of those things every day and just grinding out for like an hour.

Now that I am weightlifting and exercising a lot more, I am still getting onto one of those bikes and grinding out for a good cardio workout.

3. Minamimoto_Fan

I'm torn between elliptical and the exercise bike, so I just randomly choose elliptical for the poll since nobody else did

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Treadmill. I love running, it hurts so good. Just have to brag about an accomplishment last night, although it probably won't impress too many of you: I ran 4 miles in 31:24.

After I run, I always do the linear leg press, and if my core isn't feeling like crap yet, I use the decline bench to work on my abdominals.

5. Neutrality

I like the water foutain at my gym and the gatorade machine >.>...=P I exercise 4-5 times a week but, I hate every second of it and each and every machine.

6. julia

I could be on a treadmill for hours. Too bad I don't have the money for one.

7. Ticklish Fish

home gym? lol.
    pull up? (that i am trying to improve on?)

8. vyvance

I only really use dumbbells and leg press. You can work just about anything with dumbbells. When I run, I always run outside. The scenery makes the running more enjoyable.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So did I when I started.

10. Phoenixaaa

I like watching guys on the treadmill, so I'll stick with that.

11. Exceeder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Favourite equipement? Me.
    Its surprising how useful the human body is in working out. I tend to do weightless full body circuit workouts because I can do them at my own place without worrying too much about being in a crammed gym (which seems to be the case these days). Of course its harder to bulk up or get big that way, but its effective to stay health and in good shape.

12. Meg

Meg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love the treadmill but not nearly as much as I love going out and running in a park or along the coastline. I have an amazing 6km loop coastal run mapped out and it's just fantastic! I do like doing weights and other stuff in the gym to keep strength up but in the end love running :grin:

13. runner

the arc trainer...it's a little different than an elliptical trainer in that it doesn't have the arms but it is a great workout espcially for the legs, glutes, and core

14. SparkDT

I like the bike.

15. Serephina

Definitely the bike ^^ I lost twenty pounds in the last month of summer just by eating right - and less, I used to eat like a pig xD - and working out on the bike for an hour a day, with a day or two off where I just did yoga. And then I started doing Zumba, and oh my god! Hurts so good!​

16. Sherri

If I have to be in the gym (I much prefer to be outside walking/jogging for my cardio), I like the elliptical. The treadmill is very hard on the joints, and mine are weak already, and running in place is so.. bleh. On the elliptical, I don't have to fiddle with buttons and speeds every time I want to go faster/slower. I just do it.

That said, the most-hated piece of equipment in the gym has got to be the shoulder press machine (seated; you start out gripping the handles and push upward with your arms). Second most-hated: side lateral arm raise (seated; start out with arms by your side but elbows bent to an almost 90 degree angle, and you make a wing-flapping motion to work your shoulders). Clearly I have some sort of intrinsic issue with the shoulder machines :lol:. Even though they were spaced pretty far apart in my gym's circuit rotation, I nicknamed them the Devil machines because they were the most difficult and I could never get over 20 lbs on either of them.

17. The Queen Bee

Elliptical trainer... but by default. lol
    I'm an outdoor type of girl... So treadmill, well... I'd rather jog outside... Same with cycling.
    *shrugs*

Gym is only good for weights... and even so, it just seems like a very constricted place to me. =P
    Sorry, gym lovers.