1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hernia?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by quicksplash, Nov 11, 2012.

1. quicksplash

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I was hiking today, and on the hike back there was a slight discomfort around the groin. There was like a bulge/lump--well more of a bulge-- in the discomfort area. So if the groin is like a triangle
    -----
    ----
    -
    the bulge would be on the upper left.
    Its not painful but its a quite uncomfortable and pushing back at it seems to make it less uncomfortable but it is a funny-feeling difficult to describe.
    I am wondering if this is a hernia? and how serious is it if it is.
    I mean, I've had this feeling several times before; I know this feeling and that it is associated with this bulge happening, but eventually it went away or was resolved by like pushing back at it or sitting or laying down. Is this something that shouldn't be ignored? I mean, I'm pretty sure it'll go away and I'm inclined to say nbd right?

2. KaraBulut

From your description, that's exactly what it sounds like. They usually require surgical repair, so you should see your doctor to have it checked.

3. marybeth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. It does sound like a hernia and you might need surgical intervention. You may want to schedule an appointment with your primary doctor who can refer you out if necessary.

4. runner

Hey. I actually had a hernia repaired a few years ago, but had it for at least like five years before deciding to ask someone if the bulge was normal lol...oops. Getting it fixed isn't that bad and depending on whether or not they can do laproscopic(if that's how it's spelled) surgery, the recovery can take as little as four weeks.

5. quicksplash

Out Status:
    Some people
    I see........ I guess the doctor or someone will be able to diagnose it even when its not umm 'noticeable' then? This seems to prelude awk/uncomfortableness.

I know that things aren't 'sure' until I see a doctor, but the thought of a surgery is a little disconcerting and uneasy to me.
    ..I don't like going to the doctor..urrrrr

I probably should really not think about this too much at this point.

6. alwayshope11

I know what it's like to over worry when you think you have something, but I'm sure your fine...sometimes it's just easy to assume the worst and over think it

7. runner

The doctor will tell you to cough and if something pops out then it is probably is a hernia, if not then there is nothing to worry about, but either way it isn't a big deal so nooooo worries!! And this is coming from someone who hates doctors too lol