1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My throat is often dry...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ty, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Its very annoying and sometimes it gives a sort of unpleasant taste in my mouth :frowning2: I drink water a few times a day to sort of remedy it, but it doesn't seem to work... has anyone got any suggestions?

2. Alabastair

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you have bad breath? What does it smell like?

If you can, breathe out of your nose instead of your mouth.

If you drink a lot and breathe out of your nose, you might actually have stomach problem.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Well I don't think my breath is bad, if it was my mum would have said something (she's very blunt about things like this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) its just... dry... Not bad smelling atall :s

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Are you drinking enough water during the day? If I drink quite a lot of tea (as I do) but don't drink water too I get a dry throat too. At work I drink a cup of water (the plastic ones from the water cooler) for each mug of tea which is enough to avoid it. When it's really cold outside and we have the warm air heating at work on high I need more water due to the dry air.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Are you taking any medication? Sometimes they give you dry mouth.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Just the occasional paracetamol but thats it really :s Might it have something to do with my cold?

7. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I have a dry throat every day of my life. I wake up two or three times at night with a dry throat so I have to keep water near my bed. Then when I wake up I slug an entire water bottle.

There really isn't anything I'm able to do about it, I just make sure I always have water available.

8. Jeimuzu

It's probably because you have a cold, Ty. It tends to mess up your throat a lot, and such. After all, when you're ill, you heat up. Colds are quite strong in the throat, so presumably it's heating up, and that might cause the dryness.

As it is, oddly, I don't find water refreshing at all. Makes my throat feel dryer, strangely. I usually drink quite weak fruit squash instead. I've got a 1.5l bottle next to me that I've nearly finished, despite only filling it about four hours ago.

9. panda

What's the humidity level like in your house? Some people get humidifiers to add moisture to the air.