1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constipation Remedies

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Nov 13, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

I've been really constipated the last few days and its been thin coming out...any remedies for this anyone has tried successfully?

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Generally constipation is caused by dehydration or lack of roughage.

My advice would be to drink plenty of water, and eat more insoluble food. The insoluble food I'm referring to, is food that our bodies don't have enzymes for, an example of this are the stringy bits on bananas, our bodies can't break it down, so our body uses it to push against, which in turn helps push everything else. You can google foods that provide roughage/fiber.

If none of the above work, then perhaps either a hemorrhoid is present, or a part of the intestine may be inflamed. Generally these problems resolve themselves, however roughage and water will ease the healing process.

All the best.

3. alwayshope11

Thanks! Twice In the past month or so I've seen a few dots of bright red blood in my toilet paper..the one time I'm pretty sure it was cuz I wiped too hard. Do I need to be worried?

4. all bran cereal or bran flakes cereal

cranberry juice and/or prune juice

5. Flron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As long as the blood is bright red no. Darker colored blood could be signs of issues. In either case if you think there is concerns then go see you doctor.

6. Bree

Vegetables such as broccoli and spinach. Cut out the processed stuff, eating too much junk would do that.

7. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Bright red blood, no.

However, if you ever find dark red blood then you should check in at a hospital immediately. It may be minor, however it could be something as serious as internal bleeding, and if it is high enough then death could happen overnight. Usually that wouldn't happen, but it never hurts to be safe.

All the best.

8. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Last week I made a mistake and ate 8-cookies, all sugar-free.

Sugar alcohols used in the cookies (such as Sorbitol, Maltitol) are used as pharmaceutical laxatives.

I ended up with the runs for the entire week.

Just buy sugar free cookies.

Other things that work: a lot of exercise, drinking water, eating chick peas/high fibre foods.

9. The Queen Bee

How's your diet??
    How's your fiber intake??

Try prunes, coconut, papaya and pitahaya...
    I poop always in the morning (well, not lately, but that's because of surgery... now it's in the afternoon)... always on time. Like a German or Japanese train.
    Cereal in the morning helps.